Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Regarding hospitals - I had cataract surgery scheduled for last Tuesday ... canceled until further notice. I understand why they did it but it's really a problem for me. My eyeglass prescription changes so fast that I really can't keep up with it. I feel like I'm almost blind now! Less than two years ago I had 20/20 vision. I know my problems are nothing compared to the people actually being put in the hospitals. Stay healthy everyone.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Sorry for your loss Hunter. Lost my mother a few years back. Loosing a parent is such a tough thing. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

I too am in the Seattle area and work for a “essential” business were our 3500+ employees are in contact with high risk individuals all day long. It’s inevitable that I and my coworkers will contract Covid-19. No PPE (or training to use properly) provided. We only hope we get lucky and it is mild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
From the Georgia Department of Public Health

Confirmed cases and deaths in Georgia.

COVID-19 Confirmed Cases
No. Cases (%)
Total
1097 (100%)

]Hospitalized
361(32.91%)

Deaths
38 (3.46%)

Numbers posted were current on March 24th at apx 12:00
The department of public health updates their website each day at noon.

Ps
Fulton County (Atlanta Georgia) has 191 cases.
Dougherty County (Albany Georgia) has 101 cases

·
Registered
2 Posts
At this time, there are cases of Covid-19 (Corona Virus) confirmed in all 50 U.S States.

As this Pandemic spreads across our communities I wished to provide a topic in which we may reach out to each other, talk of our experiences, provide support and prayer and share knowledge.

To start things off:

My county has 8 confirmed cases of Covid-19 , however there is nobody I know which has become infected.

My mother passed away early Saturday morning due to liver disease. There have been several changes which have taken place to limit the spread of this disease. The funeral home is limiting the viewing of her body to 1 hour by immediate family and closest of friends only. In addition, her funeral services will be graveside only to limit exposure.

This has been tough as I know there are many which would have desired to show their love and respect for my mother.
Nevertheless, I understand the need to limit the public's exposure and I support what were being asked to do.
I'm very sorry to hear of your mother's passing.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Today, we were informed of our first death due to this virus.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Hunter, sorry to hear about your Mom. My sympathies.

About the Covid-19. A week ago my life was pretty normal. Now I don't know what to expect. Hope we have this under control in two weeks. If it goes beyond that I will be in trouble. Either way don't watch too much TV. Nothing but bad news.

I was at Costco today, and somebody about a hundred feet behind me sneezed. And everyone pretty much ran out the door.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss Hunter. My condolences.

As for the COVID-19 situation, I live alone but recently been staying at my mom's place to take care of her. I do all the errands and grocery shopping for her so basically she's on lockdown with the exception of walks around the complex. She's 65 so I ain't taking any risks of exposure.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Sorry for your loss, Hunter. I worry about my parents, especially since they are sadly skeptical of the whole thing.

Our whole family is at home now, and it's already a lot tougher than I thought it would be. We've been going for walks and drives to break the monotony. I had been looking forward to hitting some of the ORV trails and do some kayaking/fishing since both are very much socially distant, but as of today all the trails have been closed by the National Park Service and the county/state parks have closed all parking lots, boat ramps, etc so there's no way to get on the water.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Anyone got a lead on masks? I want to get some for my grandma. She has caregivers coming and going all day. The level of employees that medicaid pay for.......well these people aren't exactly professionals. I have been looking and none to be found, they few I find are counterfeits or the seller wants $70+ a mask.

·
Registered
2005 Nissan Xterra OR
718 Posts
I think you'd be hard pressed to find one right now. Especially since I just walked out of Costco and they can't keep toilet paper, paper towels or even Lysol stocked. YouTube some homemade mask options.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
24 in my county. At least one death

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Anyone got a lead on masks? I want to get some for my grandma. She has caregivers coming and going all day. The level of employees that medicaid pay for.......well these people aren't exactly professionals. I have been looking and none to be found, they few I find are counterfeits or the seller wants $70+ a mask.
Check your retailers which sell upper grade paint supplies. These places usually sell masks which may be superior to the generic masks which are handed out at doctors offices.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I work with people that have attendants come in every day and do dialysis 3x/week. Right now they are wearing painters masks from places like Sherwin Williams while on the bed elbow to elbow with 15 other strangers while getting dialysis treatment. You can get them from body shops as well, but the cartridges are hard to find. I don't know if they are legitimately better than an N95 but they gotta be better than nothing.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Painters masks wouldnt be as good as an N95 mask, but they are probably superior to what we call a procedure mask..

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
What your probably not going to find
Toilet Paper
Paper Towels
Hand Sanitizer
Alcohol
Hydrogen Peroxide
Dust Masks
Painters Masks
Procedure Masks
Surgical Masks

Shortages I suspect will come next
Feminine supplies (pads, tampons etc)
Pain medicine
Condoms
Meat
Vegetables
Bleach
Infant formula

·
Registered
315 Posts
Painters masks wouldnt be as good as an N95 mask, but they are probably superior to what we call a procedure mask..
In the beginning of this pandemic crisis, I thought that a p100 half-face filter mask would work well, better than an N95 mask.

Then I realized a while later that there is no filtration of what you exhale from a half-face filter mask. Oops. Though the part where one exhales does point down which is probably some kind of improvement over no mask at all.

Do painter masks filter exhaled air?

Professional medical seems to evolving in favour of those who go out for errands wearing masks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I question the need for filtering exhale. If you are not infected you don't need to filter your exhale. If you are communicable you should be in self quarantine.

In addition:
The WHO concluded at the end of March that, contrary to earlier assumptions, Covid19 is not transmitted by aerosols ("through the air"). Transmission mainly takes place through direct contact or by droplet infection (coughing, sneezing).
According to current evidence, COVID-19 virus is primarily transmitted between people through respiratory droplets and contact routes.2-7 In an analysis of 75,465 COVID-19 cases in China, airborne transmission was not reported.

Perhaps an argument can be made, If I communicate less common colds and things, people's immune system don't have to fight off as many threats.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts