Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the neoprene seat covers I ordered through the group buy last month. Went on pretty easy and they fit snug and secure. The pictures don't show it very well, but the insert color is actually a darker red that goes good with the Red Brawn exterior of my X.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
About 20 to 25 minutes. They slip on pretty easy, just takes a little tugging and stuffing in the right places to get them lined up. There are two small straps with hooks at the sides of the seat bottoms that are supposed to go under the cushion and attach to the springs underneath. I could not find a seperation between the cushion and the frame that they could go through, so I just tucked them up into the covers. Maybe I'll look again later and see if I can find a gap. I figure there must be somewhere for them to go or they wouldn't have put them on there. Other than that, they went on pretty easy.

·
on line
1,656 Posts
Looks good. I am excited for mine. I ended up ordering ballistic with MOLLE front and back in charcoal. I have a red brawn X as well.

·
on line
1,656 Posts
I heard they might be extending the GB pricing longer for us. I would check out the GB thread and call the Cover King guy that was dealing with us and ask.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did it require a special tool? Any chance one could break the knobs or lever?
You don't have to remove the knobs for the neoprene covers. The openings in the material stretch over the knobs. I'm assuming this was referring to the ballistic covers that are made of a less pliable material.

·
Registered
25 Posts
How are these holding up? My dog makes quite a mess out of my rear seats, and I've never been a huge fan of the sand interior color of my X (I bought it used and got quite the deal, so it's always been ok for me), so I'm quite interested in getting some of these.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Whatever you do, Do not buy from Amazon. I ordered mine on 02/07/14 and I'm still waiting for them to ship. Customer service is no help at all either. they just say can you wait a little longer? I requested a refund and they denied it. Total BS just buy them from coverking the small discount is not worth the hassle.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Watch the tacomaworld board. Every so often (about twice a year) they open up a wet okole group buy, its 20% off. You don't have to have a tacoma, you can order for any car.

·
on line
236 Posts
How are these holding up? My dog makes quite a mess out of my rear seats, and I've never been a huge fan of the sand interior color of my X (I bought it used and got quite the deal, so it's always been ok for me), so I'm quite interested in getting some of these.
ive had mine a few years now and they have held up great. dog fur does stick to these things more than i would like

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I have the Coverking neosupreme and they wouldnt stretch over the knobs. I removed them and it was a pain. Still worth it though as I'm sure the regualr seat fabric would be worn through on the seat edge by now

You don't have to remove the knobs for the neoprene covers. The openings in the material stretch over the knobs. I'm assuming this was referring to the ballistic covers that are made of a less pliable material.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts