Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
on line
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I decided to purchase some seat covers so my dogs don't destroy the back seats. I have put blankets there before but thought this might be easier and stay on better.

I ended up looking at the options and decided on the ones with ballistic material.

The seat bottoms went on without any issues and look pretty good. Almost like a silver sheen on them. Trying to put the back part on yielded me poor results. the stitching came apart almost instantly with little pressure on both backs! I called the place I got them from and they are going to contact Cover King. Now, I am really worried that the one with the "heavy duty" ballistic material are not that heavy duty at all. I would think they would have double stitching or something. I'll try and post some pics later.

·
on line
4,434 Posts
That was what I had worried about. In order for the seat covers to go on and fit snugly, there needs to be some stretch so you can slip them on. That ballistic nylon has no give to it at all, so the next thing to give would be the stitches.

In motorcycle gear, usually aramid or kevlar fiber is used for the stitches, and yes, its double stitched.

I really like my neoprene covers. My only gripe is that the dog hair sticks to it pretty good, but nothing that a lint roller can't get up. (the hair stuck worse to the seat fabric.)

When I ordered my Coverkings from Costco's website, their ordering system was jacked up and they only sent me the front covers, not the back. It took CoverKing a couple days to get back to me, but they made good.

·
on line
142 Posts
I have had the Cover King faux leather yellow and black covers on my front seats for about 2 years now and I love them. Easy install, great fit, and easy to clean. I plan to get a 370Z soon and rather than pony up for the touring model I plan to just get the sport model and get Cover King real leather covers.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
I have had the Cover King faux leather yellow and black covers on my front seats for about 2 years now and I love them. Easy install, great fit, and easy to clean. I plan to get a 370Z soon and rather than pony up for the touring model I plan to just get the sport model and get Cover King real leather covers.
do you mind posting up some pics of these? I am in the market for some covers and can't decide which to go with.

·
on line
465 Posts
I have the cordura nylon seat covers from Cover King, been on about 5 months now. No issues issues so far, quite happy with them. However, I am only hauling around people and my kids in the back seat ( no pets ). But I can see where dogs would move around more and cause more wear and tear on the seat covers.

·
on line
142 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts

·
on line
120 Posts
love the ballistic

I have the ballistic covers for my rear seat. I debated between the neoprene and ballistic, but I have two huge dogs and wanted something almost bullet-proof, as the ads claim. The ballistic is not as "slick" looking, but function was more important than looks for me. I haven't had any problems with tearing at all, and, yes, they were a pain to get on. I think you may have just had some bad luck, and I'm sure the company will make it right. My dogs have put this cover through it - hair, slobber, mud, grime, etc. I also have two kids that are just about as messy. So far so good. I'm even thinking about getting some for my front bucket seats, but they don't come in the two tone (as far as I know) and I like the look of the stock two-tone brown/gray. Anyway, I hope you get your problem resolved.

·
on line
142 Posts
Do the faux leather covers get cold in the winter?
I was in Kansas for this past Christmas and yes the covers do tend to get stiff and cold when it is 20 degrees or below outside and you have your truck parked out there all night. But I would say no different than any other card with leather seats.

·
on line
1,681 Posts
So, I decided to purchase some seat covers so my dogs don't destroy the back seats. I have put blankets there before but thought this might be easier and stay on better.

I ended up looking at the options and decided on the ones with ballistic material.

The seat bottoms went on without any issues and look pretty good. Almost like a silver sheen on them. Trying to put the back part on yielded me poor results. the stitching came apart almost instantly with little pressure on both backs! I called the place I got them from and they are going to contact Cover King. Now, I am really worried that the one with the "heavy duty" ballistic material are not that heavy duty at all. I would think they would have double stitching or something. I'll try and post some pics later.
pics?????

1 - 17 of 17 Posts