Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting my tires this coming Friday (firestone destination mt 285's). Pretty good deal $993 for the tires, mounting, balancing, and alignment for life. Now, I have the top gunz spacers and AC shakles sitting in the garage, but i won't have time to install them (maybe have someone else install them) before friday. If I can't get them on before Friday, it's not going to "mess" anything up is it??? I probably will have time to do the melting mod, but that's about it. Does anyone see anything I need to do?? Oh and one more thing, do I NEED to get the cam bolts for the lift???

·
on line
2,077 Posts
it's actually best if you could get the lift on before your new tires so you can have an alignment done at the same time as the tires and you won't have to drive around you your new tires with the alignment off.

but....if you can't get the lift on till after the tires, no biggie, just get an alignment dones asap.

as far as cam bolts, you may need them, and you may not....depends, i did not need them, my camber is slightly off, but it is still within spec and is even on both sides, thus i really did not need them. it's best to pick up a set just in case cause you don't really know until you need the alignment.

·
on line
107 Posts
The alignment is best done with the actual tires already on though...most shops will automatically put the new tires on, and THEN do the alignment, if the tires are there, etc.

As the alignment has to be done after the lift anyway...but ,you get a "Lifetime" alignment...and, assuming the alignment is OK now, as no lift went on yet...

....it appears there would be no reason to not get the tires, and either:

wait on the alignment until after the lift

See if the shop would consider the alignment warrenty to be void if you got a lift AFTER they aligned it, etc...if its OK with them...get aligned when you get the tires, and then after the lift for free, etc.

:D

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well it's kind of the reason I got the lifetime alignment deal. If I canget the lift installed before I will, but if I can't get it before, I'll just install it, tehn go back to firestone and have them re-align it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts