Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in NY were having i think the first snowstorm of the season lol

Shoveled my driveway last night...The Snowplow came and pushed it all into my driveway...Now its like packed in frozen snow...About 5 inches deep and like a spot thats about 6 feet maybe...Hard to bust the snow up, should I just roll over it in 4 wheel, or wait and shovel it?

·
on line
641 Posts
Lex901 said:
Here in NY were having i think the first snowstorm of the season lol

Shoveled my driveway last night...The Snowplow came and pushed it all into my driveway...Now its like packed in frozen snow...About 5 inches deep and like a spot thats about 6 feet maybe...Hard to bust the snow up, should I just roll over it in 4 wheel, or wait and shovel it?
You mean an area about 6 feet long, that's 5 inches deep?
I wouldn't even think twice about it - the X can handle a lot more than that!
Besides, it's a perfect opportunity to "play with the X" :)
Try it, slowly, in 2WD. If that doesn't work, try 4HI. Even if that works, try 4LOW, just to see the difference. And if you had the OR, you could have also tried the locking diff.

·
on line
1,831 Posts
Just make sure you disengage the 4wd soon after get onto clean pavement. You may know it already but 4wd could possibly damage your vehicle while turning on dry pavement.

·
on line
1,479 Posts
weather Sucks!!! we get mountains of snow south and north from us but none here.... not even ice..

you go ahead and drive through that snow and enjoy it

·
on line
54 Posts
I was playing in about 8-12 inches last night, with some plow berms that were a couple of feet high. No problem. Did have to turn off the VDC for the deep stuff.

·
on line
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My mom was with me when I went over it...Shes like like "COME ON LEX PUNCH IT LETS SEE WHAT THIS PUPPY CAN DO!"

·
on line
1,479 Posts
Lex901 said:
My mom was with me when I went over it...Shes like like "COME ON LEX PUNCH IT LETS SEE WHAT THIS PUPPY CAN DO!"
That's awesome!!!

·
on line
666 Posts
The X in 4 wheel drive can easily take a foot and a half of snow... found that out back before Christmas... there were times of two feet, and she was fine... just watch how much you let her slip... no detonating front diffs!

·
on line
237 Posts
Robb_D said:
The X in 4 wheel drive can easily take a foot and a half of snow...
Maybe light fluffy snow. I got 'er stuck in about 12" on the weekend in crusty heavy wet coast snow. 4lo and diff lock couldn't help as I was high centered on it. For a brief moment I thought my buddy in a stock Jeep Liberty was going to have to pull me out....oh the embarrassment that would have been, fortunately I had a shovel and managed on my own.

·
on line
1,084 Posts
This NY snow/ice is dredful. I've been good in 2wd until tonight when i went to park. Trying to pull into a spot i hit the snow/ice ( prob bout 6 inches high....and the wheels just started spinning. Then the slip light was goin nuts. Put it in 4wd and pulled right in. The guy in his Liberty wasnt too happy cause he had to back outta the spot when he started spinnin his wheels and couldnt get in.

·
on line
61 Posts
haha DO IT!!! in 2wd VDC off. I live in tahoe and the x takes on 4 feet of snow easily... ok not easily but in low with the dif locked it does!

·
on line
2,938 Posts
My parents driveway was like cement. It is a small hill and my father didn't shovel. I make it up in 4wd. The snow as very weird in the NYC area.

·
on line
83 Posts
I've been destroying the 4 inches of ice we have here. The X has done wonderfully, the VDC is turned off ALL the time, that shit is annoying.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts