Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
on line
Joined
·
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought Coleman Roof Racks,... $75 bucks.
7-8 Days... to show up...

Seeing how Others bought them & love them so far.
Had to do a search of site, Typed in COLEMAN into search, Then scrolled to the Roof rack.

tried just to go Roof Rack.. it failed to show them in stock. hmm

Sweet deal, Will have to Rattle can the Red Coleman sticker, has to blend in with the X.

COOL :cheers:
 

·
on line
Joined
·
3,272 Posts
if you aren't super picky, instead of painting the wind deflector you could always just install it backwards.

thats how i did it.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
KillJoy LosAngeles said:
if you aren't super picky, instead of painting the wind deflector you could always just install it backwards.

thats how i did it.
OOP's, Why I guess That could be a option. If that works. will save me paint time.

now the long long wait for it to show up.

how are the mounting brkets for it?. Do i need to Mod it to beef it up?
 

·
on line
Joined
·
3,272 Posts
brackets are perfect for it. installation is a breeze. some people find some kind of locking attachment to make sure it doesnt walk away. but the basic installation is no problem.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
975 Posts
I got a combination lock from the $.99 store, seems to work good.
 

·
TNX Administrator
Joined
·
20,232 Posts

·
on line
Joined
·
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Old Navy said:
Chug said:
Will have to Rattle can the Red Coleman sticker, has to blend in with the X.
You could leave the sticker on or turned the wind deflector around backwards and then place this decal on it. . .
http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CP&Product_Code=73160-N50

Hmmm.. Now that is a Idea.. I wonder if they Sell the " SE " sticker??. Since my X is a SE model..

So it would look like " SEXTERRA!". Now that is a good Sticker!!..

Great info Guy's.. Thx
 

·
on line
Joined
·
1,361 Posts
Chug said:
Old Navy said:
Chug said:
Will have to Rattle can the Red Coleman sticker, has to blend in with the X.
You could leave the sticker on or turned the wind deflector around backwards and then place this decal on it. . .
http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CP&Product_Code=73160-N50

Hmmm.. Now that is a Idea.. I wonder if they Sell the " SE " sticker??. Since my X is a SE model..

So it would look like " SEXTERRA!". Now that is a good Sticker!!..

Great info Guy's.. Thx
I believe someone on this board already has that idea, if not already has it on their X. I just can't think of his user name though :geek:
 

·
on line
Joined
·
192 Posts
Has anyone tried using the Yakima Accessories with the Costco rack? I wouldnt mind being the guinea pig and purchasing a couple though.

I am mainly interested in the Axe/Shovel attachment and the stretching spider net.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
3,272 Posts
I inquired about this in another post but no one responded. If you do try it out, please post your findings. I am also interested in the axe/shovel mount. I want to see if the hi lift mount and the tire mount will work as well.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mc IF that fails.

Type in the search site of costco. For Coleman.
then scroll through I think was page two.

that should work. Its $74.99 Free shipping

hope that works if not.. will try the Linky thingy.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
704 Posts
Yep, I am getting the same roof basket. It has exactly the same dimension as the infamous LoadWarrior, but it is much much cheaper!
 

·
on line
Joined
·
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
any one mount a HIGH lift to the coleman ROOF rack yet?. After this week-end changing a trie with crappy Toos the X comes with... I want the HIGH LIFT.

Will work on making a bracket for it, TO get one mounted.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
704 Posts
I have a 60" lift that I am trying to sell in order to get a 48" based on my calculations, even if I get a 48" lift, I am not going to mount it on a roof. It looks like it is going to be pain in the rear to get out. I am waiting for a rear bumper to carry a spare, a lift + a CB antenna.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
108 Posts
Rack ? need a little feedback

For those that have this rack. What size tubing is it made out of? is it steel? and is it held together by screw? because in the pictures on Costco site it looks like the sides slide together. How sturdy is it? I was thinking of mounting the brackets to hold my road bike up there and or atleast my 4 6" lights?
 
1 - 20 of 166 Posts
Top