Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a '14 Pro4x. I just put these on and on highway they are doing great, noise isn't noticeable to me, 10 ply tire and cornering is much better than the soft tires I had on. Haven't been off road, yet, but the tread pattern looks pretty good, haven't been in the snow yet either but they look good for winter to me. Can't say on wear as I haven't had them long.

Anyone try these? The reviews were good and for the price they're a good looking tire.

Was planning to do the melt mod, but after installing them I've got no rub with about 1/2" of clearance so might just leave it alone for now.

Just wondering if anyone else has run these and what they thought of them. Needed new tires, and the spare was old and damaged so knowing I had to buy 5 I went ahead and up-sized but needed to keep the bill down a bit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think they fill the fenders nicely. I've never liked the way stock tires looked, too small in my opinion.

The spare fits in place underneath, although you have to do a bit of wiggling as you're putting it away so it works past the sway bar and the hitch.

$850 for 5 mounted and balanced I'd say is a good price......

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm also curious about tire pressure. I'm currently running 35lbs, the factory pressure, should I increase my tire pressure on highway? What do you guys think? I was thinking of painting a stripe across the tread, one front one rear wheel, and seeing if I'm getting even wear across the tire.

·
TNX Veteran
3,778 Posts
I'm also curious about tire pressure. I'm currently running 35lbs, the factory pressure, should I increase my tire pressure on highway? What do you guys think? I was thinking of painting a stripe across the tread, one front one rear wheel, and seeing if I'm getting even wear across the tire.
Those look pretty decent for $850! Typically as you go to a wider tire your tire pressure goes down. I run my 35's (315/75/R16) at 30 PSI whereas I was around 36 PSI with 33's (285/75/R16). It all depends on weight too.

The only way to real know is something like you suggested. Look up "chalk test" if you are not familiar. It is essentially what you mentioned except with chalk instead of paint. You only have to drive a few feet vs. with paint where it might take a bit more mileage before you find out the wear.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I was going to update with info on wear/ road noise/ handling/etc. after a few thousand miles on them. That's no longer an option since I did a Titan swap, literally. So with only a thousand miles or so here's my opinion and observations.

Wear I can't speak of since I didn't really put enough miles on them.

Road noise is as I would've expected, not quiet but not awful.

Handling was good at the factory air pressure, but as I lowered it to get a full tread pattern for even wear the handling went away. She got squirrelly, might have been because the stock rims are the narrowest the tire is rated for?

Off road they hooked up well in the desert, didn't get a chance to put them in mud.

All in all, for the price I'd buy them again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts