Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
on line
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the look of it.

pretty easy to do as well. there are five screws underneith the peice that you need to remove, and then five clips on the top.
The plastic is already rough so no need to sand, I used an adhesion promoter (available at any auto parts store) and then a metalic silver.

I think it makes the front end pop. :bom:

·
on line
807 Posts
Wow, that looks really good.
Good call.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
i took that whole bottom cover piece off and threw it away a few months after i bought mine.
I was under there one day and discovered that it was just an extra piece of stuff screwed to the bumper cover and said, it's gone. Now it's all one color.

Yours does look nice though!

·
on line
2,072 Posts
I took my front plate off a few weeks back. Taking my chances, but no problems with the police yet

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Yeah, us Texans cant take ours off either. Dont know why some states require it and some dont! But some people relocate thier front plates elsewhere. like the rice rockets that have ground effects kits dont really have a place for them so they stick them on the inside of the windshield. I have also seen liscense plates on the front of roof racks on some highly modified SUV's (like putting it on the front side of a yak rack).

·
on line
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, its illegal in Maine too, but I take my chances, I throw it back on for inspection day, then off it goes.

thanks for all the replies! Glad you guys like it!

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Silver on silver-man that really looks KEWL--

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
1,127 Posts
Yeah to take off your front license plate is illegal in California as well but I caught the dealer before he even drilled the holes and told him to leave it off there for I don't have any holes in mine and the police here wont pull you over for it, they will just give you a fix it ticket if they notice it when they all ready have you pulled over. :)

·
on line
2,077 Posts
when i was in MD, i got 3 warning and 1 $70 ticket for no front tag (with my trans am) therefore i let them put it on the X....plus the X doesn't look too bad with one, the trans am looked horrible with one.

·
TNX Administrator
20,255 Posts
xterrock said:
Luckily Florida only issues one plate for the rear. :cheers:
X2 - New Mexico is the same way. I was given my front license holder in a plastic bag, with instructions on how to install it. So, with that being said, my front bumper has "no" ventilation holes in it.

·
on line
3,050 Posts
S_e_X-Terra said:
But some people relocate thier front plates elsewhere. like the rice rockets that have ground effects kits dont really have a place for them so they stick them on the inside of the windshield.
even some provinces in Canada have different rules about not having a front plate like Quebec. As for the ricers..i was a ricer before my X. I used to own a 2000 golf Gti VR6 and everytime I used have my front plate in the windshield I use to get stopped all the time and sometimes the cop wouldnt let off with a warning and slap me with a $105 fine. So after numerous stops I put it back on.

·
on line
1,638 Posts
When I had a rice rocket in CA in my younger years, I never bothered with the front plate b/c all you'd get is a fix-it ticket with a fine of $5 or $10. That plus getting the ticket signed off by an officer verifying plate is mounted in the front. I got so many of those fix-it tickets not just for front plate but others things like loud exhaust, tint, too low, illegal lights, illegal parts, etc., I eventually just signed the ticket off myself and mailed it in after awhile.

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Alberts used to only issue one plate as well, no sure if they still do.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts