Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://money.cnn.com/2007/08/30/autos/cr_drive_200k/index.htm?cnn=yes

what the deuce:
Consumer Reports' "Bad bets" for making 200,000 miles: BMW 7-series, Infiniti QX56, Jaguar X-type, V8-powered Mercedes-Benz M-class, Mercedes-Benz SL, Nissan Armada, Nissan Titan, Volkswagen Touareg, V6-powered Volvo XC90.

Might as well throw the XTerra in there, unless they are only talking about the V8 version????

·
on line
331 Posts
I read a report by comsumer reports and the reliabilty issue is the nissan V8 the 4.0 V6 got high marks for reliability.

·
on line
51 Posts
I actually did a lot of research before buying my 07, consumerreports being of the first places I looked. Here's the report:

Overall the 06 and newer are rated quite well.

- Ryan

·
on line
807 Posts
my point of view has always been that Comsumer Reports in only good for pointing you in the right direction for something that you know absolutely nothing about. If you know anything about what you are looking at, ignore CR.

·
on line
638 Posts
I agree about ignoring CR. I worked at a Sears my junior year in college and people would come in with their CRs looking for certain appliances that were made using the same components that CR said were bad.. How helpful is that?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts