Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
on line
268 Posts
interesting....seems a bit biased, toward what I don't know.

In the room catagory it scores lower than the average, yet the other vehicles they list in the article are all pretty much smaller than the X. Poor acceleration? Compared to what? I think the acceleration is pretty good. Quietness? I test drove a trailblazer before buying the X, you wanna talk noisy... Also I wanna see them take any of those listed vehicles off road. With the exception of the FJ, none of them are going anywhere.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
yeah, i would agree that review seems very bias....i would say toward the soccer mom grocery getter type. no off-road tests, no clue what they are refering to with acceleration, room, quietness, etc. i was very impressed with all, and i can compare to large SUVs since that's what my family typically has.

·
on line
13,466 Posts
This is what cracks me up.

"Our Best Buy choice is the Honda Pilot. Our Recommended picks are the Ford Explorer, Ford Freestyle, Mazda CX-7, Nissan Murano, and Toyota Highlander.

New or significantly redesigned models include the Dodge Nitro, Ford Edge, GMC Acadia, Hyundai Santa Fe, Mazda CX-7, Mazda CX-9, Saturn Outlook, Suzuki XL-7, and Toyota FJ Cruiser. "

Why is the X even in the same category as these other trucks?

·
on line
1,208 Posts
:laughing3:

·
on line
874 Posts
why did the x get rated aginst car based or unibody suv's????? compare this to what is should be compared to...this is not a soccer mom ride, we all know that putting groceries in the back is dangerous with that slick floor and platic bags.....we got this SUV for a reason...its a sport utility vehicle, not to be confused with a crossover SUV which is what this was compared too... being in the tech support field I get to travel alot, and heck my dad owns a Pilot...so i can agree with the pilot (it has a comfortable ride, and quick accerleration, but lacks off road ability)rating but the arcadia(its ok as long as your the only one in it, get it loaded down with people and gear and good luck stayin on the road) and freestyle( i am not even going to go there) come on,

the people who rate these cars would never ever buy one for themselve...they all drive luxury cars and dont understand what an SUV is and dose, they try to compare what they test to that of a bmw m3 or lexus gs430....of course its not quite its a SUV, of course the ride is rough it has to be to go off road, of course the gas milage sucks it had the aerodynamics of a brick...this is a call out to all those that rate vehicles, think about average Joe, he dosent make $100,000 a year, he dosent live the luxurous life, and yet we are supposed to trust the oppinion of those arseholes who has all that, and then accept it when he or she says our Ride is "poor" Let me see your M3 in the mud, let me see your lexus towing a boat....yea thats right...not happening. take your degree in journalisim and shove it...this is life, only we can rate it!

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Well I got pissed enough to really use my Shrockworks Front Bumper on their building, make it a drive through, can't do it though, they were smart enough to not have an office on the 1st floor. What idiots, I used to put some weight in what they say, never again. Honda? Yea go off road and lets compare bang for buck. Trailblazer? How many mufflers I would have drug off by now I can't count! X is best bang for buck hands down! MC

·
on line
1,361 Posts
Good thing most of us own a 05 or 06 :geek:

All kidding aside, really who cares what someone else says, we like 'em and the less people buy X's the cooler we all are for having one :blackeye:

·
on line
13,466 Posts
"I SAY WE SHOOT EM! THEN WE HANG EM! THEN WE KILL EM!"

What movie is that great line from?

"i say we let him go............"

And in reality, all the car companies own the edmunds and blue books and everything else. So they will say what they want to. Its all a load of crap. When i bought my X they tride pulling the edmunds site up for me to see they were offering me enough money on my trade in. I just told them i didnt own a computer and never get online. So edmunds means nothing to me, i want the amount that i want. Its all a bunch of crap.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts