Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried using a couple different scan tools but haven't found one I like. Is there a Nissan programmer/scan tool out there to allow changes in timing, Tire pressure sensors, etc?

I currently use Bowser Electronics, which is a good scan tool, and have tried scan gauge II, breifly, which is also a good scan tool, but neither really allow much value changing (that I am aware of).

What product are people using? Thank you for your help and time.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
You are not going to find anything. It's a Nissan specific tool and I don't think anyone is making an aftermarket one.

·
on line
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doh! Thats not what I wanted to hear. Why can't Nissan be like other car manufactures? VW and Audi has a really nice one for a decent price, same with the american car makers.

·
on line
1,123 Posts
The Cipher from Uprev (http://www.uprev.com/products/cipher_NI.html) let's you monitor pretty much everything and change timing (only by +/- 2 degrees) and idle RPM. I also believe that you can turn off the tire pressure warning light. It's $400 but that's a hell of a lot cheaper than the Consult II.

·
on line
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good find, I completely forgot to include Infinity when i was doing my search. I knew there had to be products out there, hopefully there are a couple more so at least we have a selection to choose from! Thanks once again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts