Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
on line
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha,

I'm out to replace my beloved '88 Jeep Cherokee. As much as I love that Jeep, he's about had it. Looking here to see what's up with the new X ...

Have a good one.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
welcome.

The X is great!

Maho.

·
on line
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nah, I wish I could be in Hawaii. Rather, I'm in Virginia with a bit of snow.

·
on line
1,891 Posts
ah ok, I was going to say, I was in hawaii for about 3 years, but there seemed to be no one else on this forum in hawaii so that we could do some wheelin out there.
Bring some of that snow down here to North Carolina, we could definetly use some by Pope AFB.

·
TNX Administrator
20,234 Posts
Love Hawaii too!!

·
TNX Administrator
20,234 Posts
:pirate: Ahoy, Matey! :newb: Welcome! Yer on a site dedicated to Nissan's, "Next Generation Xterra." Step aboard, take in what you can, but promise to share what you learn! :3some:

·
on line
3,262 Posts
What other vehicles are you considering? We can provide you with plenty of head to head data on other similar vehicles... FJ Cruiser, Hummer 3, Jeep Grand Cherokee/ Liberty, etc.

Eddo

·
on line
331 Posts
sold my 99 cherokee to get my X, best decision I have ever made.

·
on line
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the warm welcome.

I've been browsing the VAXC forum ... have yet to post over there.

I've pretty much decided on the X ... the question is new or old? I'm partial to the look and feel of th '04s. But the padre (I'm in college, my pop decided safety is an issue with my Jeep's age and all that jazz) is concerned with warranty and service and whatnot and wants to consider a brand spankin' new one as well.

Any input on the new/old front is more than welcome.

Thanks again!

·
on line
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As for what other vehicles I'm looking at; 4runner, Montero, FJ Cruiser, and Wrangler Rubicon ... anything I could have a little fun with.
Got to be able to put a roof rack on it for my bicicletas.

But the X is still my favorite ... we'll see how it all plays out.

·
on line
331 Posts
Get a 05 or newer unless you cannot afford it, but judgeing by your other choices I think you can. The reasons to get an 05 instead of an 04 are sugnificant.

note: There are good deals to be had on 06 right now if you can find one still on the lot. Mine was 6k off of sticker.

·
on line
189 Posts
If unsure of the differences of the 04 compared to the newer ones. Just take both for a test drive, guarantee a smile w/ an 05 or newer.
The Wrangler is too small for all of the outdoors stuff i like to do. plus not a fan for the way they handle. 4runner is nice, but rather not spend that much money on a vehicle thats more comfortable on the road rather then off..FJ Cruiser, besides the look of it and triple wiper. I have not really looked at it.
Just my .02

BTW Welcome aboard :cheers:

·
on line
237 Posts
If you are looking for an objective opinion....yer in the wrong place. There aren't too many off us here that wouldn't get the X all over again.

I absolutely freaking love it!!!!

·
on line
81 Posts
As a new X owner who looked at pretty much the same set of cars: FJ Cruiser, Rubicon both 2 and 4 door, and the X. I have to say I have no regrets on my decision to get the X.

As far as the new X versus the old one; can't tell you much besides I've driven both and like the feel of the 05+ better.

·
on line
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nah, not so much looking for an objective opinion, just as much info as I can get ... pretty much dead set on the X. The boy has an '04 I've driven quite a bit and I love it ... ready for one of my own.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts