Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
on line
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I put Calmini shackels on the back to get the back end up (obviously).
All is fine.

I then put spacers on the front and (2") all is fine except the toe-in was a bit much.
So I took her to a local allingment shop that I've trusted for years to get it allinged. The tech told me that he adjusted the toe-in a bit, but would like to see is adjusted about 1/2 degree more. He said that in order to do this, I would need to have eccentric cams installed since Nissan "fixed" contrrol arms to where my toe-in cannot be adjusted any more. In other words, he said that he had them maxed-out.

He said to expect a bit more tire wear on the outside edge of my tires because he was unable to adjust them any further.

Anyone else heard of this or know where to get these cams he is describing? Is 1/2 degreee going to make that much of a difference??

·
on line
1,320 Posts
Yes, that's normal and you can get the camber bolts at yournissanparts.com, calmini or prg. They'll run you about 50-60 bucks.
The retarded thing is that they don't really affect you toe... the tie-rod adjusters are used to adjust toe and these other bolts are to adjust camber and caster as the name suggests.
There's a TSB for the bolts but since you put the lift on the dealer probably won't give them to you... you can get them at your local dealer too but they may try to charge an arm and a leg for them.

·
on line
3,050 Posts
TSB?...recall or campaign
I am getting my lift soon so if I could get them done before my lift gets done ...bonus for me....so how would you reccomend get this TSB done?

Dealers here in Canada dont send you a notice on a TSB..you need to into the dealership and say there's a problem and then they fix it or look it up on the nissanhelp (canadian version) website. You just cant walkin and say I heard there is a TSB and I want it fixed. Also I was told by a reliable source that canadian customers dont have access to the canadian TSB list only dealers...

·
on line
1,695 Posts
miles said:
TSB?...recall or campaign
I am getting my lift soon so if I could get them done before my lift gets done ...bonus for me....so how would you reccomend get this TSB done?

Dealers here in Canada dont send you a notice on a TSB..you need to into the dealership and say there's a problem and then they fix it or look it up on the nissanhelp (canadian version) website. You just cant walkin and say I heard there is a TSB and I want it fixed. Also I was told by a reliable source that canadian customers dont have access to the canadian TSB list only dealers...
It is not quite that easy, miles. They will fix the problem if a TSB is issued. However, if your X is not out of spec, which it is more than likely not, being stock, they are not going to fix a problem that doesn't exist. If it was a recall, sure. But a TSB is basically "if you diagnose this, then do this". I am sure they won't find a problem before the lift is installed, and they certainly won't warranty it (nor should they have to) after the lift is installed.

I think anyone planning a lift should just budget the extra $60 for the camber bolts as well. I know I am.

·
on line
975 Posts
I have a quick question about this TSB. Ever since we drove ours off the lot I have noticed that the front seems toed-in. Is this normal? My main concern is tire wear.

·
on line
187 Posts
what camber r u guys running? i have positive 1 degree.....thats maxed out, cant get any lower. i would love -1 degree or 0

oh and im on ac springs[/img]

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I forget what the alignment specs are, but it wouldn't supprise me to see a bit of toe in.

If you are under 12K miles they will do an alignment for free at the dealer (or they should at least check it).

·
on line
2,077 Posts
X_Trippin said:
I have a quick question about this TSB. Ever since we drove ours off the lot I have noticed that the front seems toed-in. Is this normal? My main concern is tire wear.

yup, i noticed the same thing yesterday, mine is slightly toed-in also.....i'm not worrying about it since a lift and tires are in the near future.

·
on line
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I called the dealer, spoke to the service manager and the guy in the parts department. Both of them looked on the computer and could find no TSB's that have anything to do with this problem.

Guess I'll just order the bolts and adjust it myself.

·
on line
564 Posts
Well, I'm taking my X into the stealer Wednesday due to uneven front tire wear, so hopefully I'll have a new set of camber bolts when I pick 'er up.

Rob

1 - 15 of 15 Posts