Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this 2006 X a few months ago and have been making it a reliable daily driver. It has 170K on it and have done some modifications along the way (inlet, exhaust, etc). I love it and it runs good. I just received my XTP intake spacer and while I have the intake off, I’m going to put some fresh spark plugs in and do a compression check. Just thinking ahead, besides the myriad of engine codes I’ll generate spinning the engine with the starter with the intake off, do you see any other problems I might have doing it in the fashion? I just don’t want to install the upper intake twice. Once for the compression check and again for the plugs.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
I bought this 2006 X a few months ago and have been making it a reliable daily driver. It has 170K on it and have done some modifications along the way (inlet, exhaust, etc). I love it and it runs good. I just received my XTP intake spacer and while I have the intake off, I’m going to put some fresh spark plugs in and do a compression check. Just thinking ahead, besides the myriad of engine codes I’ll generate spinning the engine with the starter with the intake off, do you see any other problems I might have doing it in the fashion? I just don’t want to install the upper intake twice. Once for the compression check and again for the plugs.
If you're taking the manifold off it's a good time to change the gaskets there. Also you'll be in a good position to replace the oil cooler to block hose, its a 3 dollar part but will take hours without removing the manifold. I would bet that when you pull the pcv hose and valve cover vent hoses off they will crack on you from age, it's a good idea to have those handy just in case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts