Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I just had the entire exhaust redone on my X. A couple of months ago I bought the DT setup (shorties, "B" pipes, catback exhaust) from Nick @PreRunnerParts. By the way, Nick was great, responded quickly to my emails and shipped out the parts quickly. :rockin:
I got the shorty headers that way I wouldn't run into any CEL issues. And they look awesome. Well I have the "B" pipes connected to the aftermarket primary cats, because IMO, there's no reason to have 4 cats. I bought the walker cats from rockauto since they are reasonably priced, considering OEM is $600 a piece. And I have the DT catback connected to those "B" pipes. Everything looks awesome when it was on lift, and sounded good when I started it up for the first time. You can definitely feel the added power and throttle response using the good 'ole butt dyno. The only con I have with this setup is that it has a raspy/poppy sound to it. Not sure if its the "B" pipes or the muffler. But again, this exhaust is better overall than the OEM setup, and Nick was a great help with the purchasing process. I'm gonna definitely go to him again when I need to purchase performance products for the X. Pictures to follow, peace homies

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Removing those b pipes and putting the cats back in will solve the raspy poopy... i mean poppy sound.

But other than thats is a solid setup I have the shorties and only 2 cats but my muffler is huge so it takes care of it. Not very loud at all and im not happy with the sound but I cant do anything about it right now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So if I went with a larger muffler than what DT provides it will compensate for the "B" pipes? I guess down the road, if I'm still not too happy with the sound I'll go with some cheap cats to throw on. It boggles my mind that the OEM cats are so expensive. I really like the idea of getting rid of the extra 2 cats.

·
on line
7,141 Posts
So if I went with a larger muffler than what DT provides it will compensate for the "B" pipes? I guess down the road, if I'm still not too happy with the sound I'll go with some cheap cats to throw on. It boggles my mind that the OEM cats are so expensive. I really like the idea of getting rid of the extra 2 cats.
That's because the DT muffler is crap and the source of your raspy sound. should've done a cat back dual setup into a 2 in 1 out Magnaflow

1 - 7 of 7 Posts