Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Thanks, man! I did the IG thing for a while and had fun with it...mostly posting backcountry skiing and mountain biking photos, but just kind of lost interest on social media after a while. Currently social media less and enjoining it. Cheers.
I know what you mean ! as long as you enjoying whatever you doing that is what is important !

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
This beast makes my 3 inch lifted on 33’s Xterra look like it just came right out of the factory floor haha.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Very cool!! I do lots of MTB camping out of my car (Vail bike park by day, Minturn disperse camping by night), so that makes me miss when it’s warm ha. Love it that people are still getting after it in the snow, I’m hoping to take my X on some more backcountry skiing in CO and that ice bath makes it look promising!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
Very cool!! I do lots of MTB camping out of my car (Vail bike park by day, Minturn disperse camping by night), so that makes me miss when it’s warm ha. Love it that people are still getting after it in the snow, I’m hoping to take my X on some more backcountry skiing in CO and that ice bath makes it look promising!!
Nice man! I get it, I love the warmer months out here, mountain biking, camping...but snow makes it that much more interesting when it comes to gear prep, logistics and skill. I personally love backcountry skiing, splitboarding to be more specific. It’s basically what I look forward all year. The beauty of this state is that there’s always room for both! Packing for this weekend!

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
Off topic but how did you mount your bike tray on the outside of the rack? I don't see any extended crossbars going past the roof rack.
it is mounted to crossbars, they just go under the factory round bars. You can kind of see the setup in these pics. Cheers.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Oooh ok. That's pretty slick! That option sure gives you a lot of used space inside the rack. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Oooh ok. That's pretty slick! That option sure gives you a lot of used space inside the rack. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks! Yeah, I wanted to keep the roof setup as light and low profile as possible. It has worked great for the last few years.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
As psyched as I am for winter I do miss the warmer months already.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
What are the clamps holding on the awning? They look really useful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
quick release clamps I made to mount the awning. Wanted something that would make it easy to take the awning on and off as well as easy to switch sides depending on camp setup. The X is my daily driver and I’m not a fan of driving with all my gear attached to the car when I don’t need it. So far they’ve worked great. Cheers.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts