Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I’m creating this thread to post and share photos of my trips and off pavement adventures around this beautiful state. I’m thinking this will be mainly for just photos of the X in wild CO, not necessarily a blog, per se, more like a gallery...and please, anyone that feels like sharing shots of their X roaming around the state feel free to post here as well! I know there’s quite a few of us here

Cheers!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

sometimes it feels like we’re just driving by a painting! Awesome views on my way to Silverton earlier this year.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Wow the ice bath shot is crazy! Did you drive through it or was it just a poser shot? How deep was it?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Wow the ice bath shot is crazy! Did you drive through it or was it just a poser shot? How deep was it?
haha no poser shots allowed! We drove through it. the exit was basically a wall of ice, so my buddy had to which out of it for the last two feet of it and then he snatched me out at the same spot. The snow on the trail got pretty deep after a while, so we had to turn around and drive through the water crossings again. Much easier in the other direction. We were both able to drive through without getting stock.

·
Registered
2011 PRO-4X
442 Posts
Nice shots. You might want to have the moderators move it to the Photos and Video section of the forum.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
haha no poser shots allowed! We drove through it. the exit was basically a wall of ice, so my buddy had to which out of it for the last two feet of it and the he snatched me out at the same spot. The snow on the trail got pretty deep after a while, so we had to turn around and drive through the waters crossings again. Much easier in the other direction. We were both able to drive through without getting stock.
Just curious, what PSI are you guys running at while out there on the snow? Looks like your tires aren't deflated at all. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice shots. You might want to have the moderators move it to the Photos and Video section of the forum.
Oh yeah, somehow I missed that we have a forum specific for media. Thanks.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just curious, what PSI are you guys running at while out there on the snow? Looks like your tires aren't deflated at all. Thanks for sharing.
18 psi when off roading on snow for the most part. Cheers.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it wasn't too deep either. maybe just above the center of the wheels.

·
Registered
3 Posts
These are gorgeous shots brother!

One of my favorite things about an X is that you can easily take it out into the wilderness and have that mattress in the back for a good night sleep. Hell used to have some 24 hours duties where I choose to sleep in my car in the parking lot instead of their provided facilities. Hah.

I need to get back out there and just get away for a week or so.

May I inquire as to what tires you use?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
These are gorgeous shots brother!

One of my favorite things about an X is that you can easily take it out into the wilderness and have that mattress in the back for a good night sleep. Hell used to have some 24 hours duties where I choose to sleep in my car in the parking lot instead of their provided facilities. Hah.

I need to get back out there and just get away for a week or so.

May I inquire as to what tires you use?
Thanks, man! Yeah I basically live in the back of my X most weekends during spring, summer, fall...and sometimes winter haha. It beats sleeping in a tent every time in my opinion. Being only 5'8" makes sleeping in there very comfy, specially on high wind nights.

I'm on my third set of 285/75-16s duratracs. love them for what I drive on in Colorado. Cheers.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Great shots, thanks for sharing. How do you like that rocky mounts swing rack? I also ride and just ordered one. I have a kuat right now which is rock solid but I'd really like the swing feature especially for camping. From looking at my buddies it doesn't seems as wobble free as the kuat but curious what your thoughts are, especially if you have taken it off roading.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Great shots, thanks for sharing. How do you like that rocky mounts swing rack? I also ride and just ordered one. I have a kuat right now which is rock solid but I'd really like the swing feature especially for camping. From looking at my buddies it doesn't seems as wobble free as the kuat but curious what your thoughts are, especially if you have taken it off roading.
That rack is on my buddy’s Xterra. He likes it a lot. We’ve definitely taken it off roading with two bikes on it, not necessarily rock crawling, but on plenty of bumpy mountain passes and access trails with no issues. The swing arm is a super nice feature when camping for sure.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Amazing shots - it looks like so much fun. I would love to have a trip out there and experience CO in my X. Great post man.

·
Registered
202 Posts
That is some great and amazing shot !! I just love photography and videos myself I always try to take photos but those are very cool! you should make your insta page to upload photos there too gonan get alot of likes ))

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That is some great and amazing shot !! I just love photography and videos myself I always try to take photos but those are very cool! you should make your insta page to upload photos there too gonan get alot of likes ))
Thanks, man! I did the IG thing for a while and had fun with it...mostly posting backcountry skiing and mountain biking photos, but just kind of lost interest on social media after a while. Currently social media less and enjoining it. Cheers.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts