Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

What is the first mod to do??? (I would want to keep the upgraded shocks I paid for on the 07 off ro

• Shrock front bumper

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shrock rear bumper

• Volant air filter

• K & N air filter

• Shrock undercarrage armor

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
on line
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all!

I am a new xterra owner living in the gorgeous state of Colorado. I am excited to own such an awesome machine along with all of you other fine members... I am looking for other members to show me the ropes from moding out my ride to mentoring me in the ways of rock crawling and off roading. If any of you live here in CO it would be nice to hear from you and see about getting together for some fun in the mountains Xterra style.

Later dudes,

Tom :bigsmurf:

·
on line
1,891 Posts
The sliders were the first real mod I did to my X, then the stereo system, the tires, a few trinkets inside, and the lift should be one by mid October after I get back to put in on.

·
TNX Administrator
20,433 Posts
:pirate: "Ahoy, Matey! :newb: (n00b) Welcome! Yer on a site dedicated t' Nissan's, "Next Generation Xterra." Step aboard, take in what you can, but promise t' share what you learn!" :3some:

So let t' mods begin: http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2742 :thumbup:

·
on line
3,272 Posts
Sliders first. The OR comes with some pretty thin armor underneath but at least it is better than nothing.

I would do armor next. I have the K&N drop in and I like it because 1) I actually noticed a difference and 2) it was only like 30 bucks. The volant is a popular choice but at 200+, I am happy spending that money on other mods.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
welcome!

seeing how you already have a little under body protection (thou those stock skids aren't much they are better then nothing) Sliders would be a great mod to start with. they offer protection for a part of the X that is vulnerable and easily damaged on trails!

·
on line
244 Posts
Welcome to the club!! Beautiful place to live. I want to take a trip out west sooooo bad!!

Anyway, I went with tires first cause I bought the X trim and it came with General Grabbers. After that, I got a gas tank skid and sliders.

·
on line
1,884 Posts
Welcome aboard former neighbor! I just left Golden (lived about 1/4 mile from Arvada)

·
on line
1,716 Posts
O.K. I'm going off the board with a choice of new tires. I just ordered new ones for mine because the stock tires that come with the OR model suck a$$. I got a flat this morning driving over a 3/4" piece of glass. I ordered the Firestone Destination A/T from tire rack for $105.00 ea. not to bad of a price.

·
on line
1,208 Posts
WELCOME!!! Put the sliders on first, then go with some skids, then upgrade the tires and suspention, top off with the bumpers. throw some rock lights on for some pizzaz! :)

·
on line
463 Posts
Welcome to " The Nice Site !"

And look forward to meeting Kneebuster, great Guy, lives in your neck of the woods and a REAL TRaveler !

Glad you found Us !

·
on line
776 Posts
noob

I wish I lived out thata way! :crybaby: Sliders first, if not-then buy your self a pair of steel toes and give yourself a nice firm kick in the pants! :cheers:

·
on line
111 Posts
Sliders first. I have the full shrock treatment on order (been 5 weeks and counting). I've done the TC UCAs, radflo coilovers and alcan rear springs, and rear diff breather extension, so if you want to see any of that stuff in person, I'm only an hour away.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts