Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Be sure to check RONIN for details on the big Dec. 15th/16th run. Trail and official date are still TBA.

Rob

·
on line
358 Posts
I hate to ask but... What is RONIN? I would like to get out with the Colorado Xterras. We need more info.

·
on line
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
on line
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quick update:
Trail is officially China Wall. Still being narrowed down to which day it will be but it looks like we are leaning towards sunday. I'll post official date and time as soon as they are released. Hope to see you all there.

Rob

·
on line
551 Posts
Thanks for posting this. Hadn't checked Ronin for while, so I would have missed it.
But if it turns out to be Sunday, it might be doable

·
on line
332 Posts
Wow good thing i checked the website!

·
on line
358 Posts
I won't be able to make it. I'll be in Moab. For work. I may also drive so I can stay an extra day or so an wheel.

·
on line
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So 2 besides me going or am I the only one? I need to get the info over to James so he can get a good idea of how many will be there. Based on the numbers so far, there should be a little over 20 or so Nissans. How many of those will be X's has yet to be determined but a fair number obviously.

Mind you this does not include anyone else who decides to tag along. I know there are a few Jeeps coming up too. I'll keep you posted on the latest and greatest.

BTW, plan is to start heading up the trail at 9:30AM so don't sleep past your alarm too much. We are stopping at the creek in the trail which is half way up for lunch.

Rob

·
on line
97 Posts
I want to go but where is this trail again? About how long will it take to run if all goes well? Also my X OR is still stock so will I be risking it by hedding down this trail with only stock armor / lift? I live in Arvada...

·
on line
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im a bone stock '07 S 4x4. You'll be fine, trust me. This trail is unique because it incorporates very difficult terrain with moderate and easy terrain. There are a ton of older Nissans going that are somewhat stock so we should tear it up no problemo.

Its near Tarrall, CO. If you mapquest China Wall it should pop up. Heres everything u need to know about the trail http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=61

My guess is since we are taking a lunch break halfway at the creek, it will take up the whole day or nearly. Make sure and pack lunch because im pretty sure McDonalds doesn't serve lunch before 9AM. :)

Just so we are crystal clear we are all meeting at the trail head at 9AM and waiting 30 minutes for straglers and heading up the trail at 9:30AM.

Hope to see you there,
Rob

(PS - My rig will have the shocker sticker and thenewx.org sticker in the rear window)

·
on line
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just as a quick update...

Unless the snow we picked up today decides to melt we may have to postpone the trip. We are waiting on a trail report from Kevin within the next 24 to 48 hours. Even if it does decide to melt, we will be snow/mud wheeling so be prepared with whatever you may need and dress appropriately. No one wants mud on their new nike's. :p

Hope all is well and I will keep you guys updated as best I can.

Rob

·
on line
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Based on todays trail report straight from Kevin at Ronin, we are still good to go for sunday. Total accumulation on the trail was less than 1" and is expected to melt even more tomorrow. With this information it is safe to say there will still be some snow on the trail but it should not negatively effect us. Several older pathfinders and other stock vehicles with less ground clearance and suspension travel are definately going to be there according to the owners.

If you are still interested in going, now is the time to decide. Please visit www.roninwheelers.com and click on the December ALL RONIN RUN poll topic under Trail Runs for more information.

The host for this gathering is Soccerbrace (James) (1st Gen X with herculiner 2tone body and snorkel)
My vehicle will have thenewx.org in the back window as well as a 3'x5' Pirate flag mounted to the bumper.
Be sure to have your FRS communicators if you do not have a CB installed.

Hope to see you there.

Rob

·
on line
259 Posts
Anyone want to wheel this upcoming weekend. If the storm permits. I'd like to do something between the 28th and 30th kind of near Boulder. Any ideas?

·
on line
1,045 Posts
Rastaman said:
Anyone want to wheel this upcoming weekend. If the storm permits. I'd like to do something between the 28th and 30th kind of near Boulder. Any ideas?
If my friend doesn't come into town I may be up for it... though not sure which trails are open this time of year.

I hear LeftHand is open year round, but read last year about a group from Ronin that went up and (IIRC) "no one got out w/o body damage"... not sure how armour'd they were.

·
on line
259 Posts
I'm a little hessitant to get into the trails myself, after all the snow in the pasi few days. Lets stay posted.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts