Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
on line
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wow, i waxed my truck today and the paint looks like [email protected]#$. probobly shouldnt have gotten black. anyone else having trouble with their black paint fading really quickly? it shows scrathes like no other black vehicle i have ever owned! i love my xterra, but damn, wish i would have gotten a dif color, like granite. :) i wouldnt recommend anyone to get a black xterra. i have a friend that has an 02 black xterra and has the same problem. any suggestions, such as different brands of wax?

·
on line
13,467 Posts
I have black. Its a year old. And if you take care of it it doesnt fade. And my scratches come out when i detail it or pay someone to. QUIT YER WHINNIN! Seriously though, dude. You got a black car, its going to show everything.

I use turtle wax "ICE." And my bud at a body shop has waxed and seald it for me and said to put air plane insulator wax on it next to finish the job. Ice'ing the car before wheeling helps with scratches.

·
on line
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have had black cars before but none that have done like this one, lol. thanks for the info though :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts