Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching the forum for about the last 2 hours now and have decided that I am going w/ a spacer for the front and the Deaver minipack for the rear. After looking through countless topics, I never really found anything showing which spacer is better. Or, is there even a difference between the different brands?

·
on line
1,320 Posts
Deltaphi216 said:
After looking through countless topics, I never really found anything showing which spacer is better. Or, is there even a difference between the different brands?
None are really better than the other; if anyone says a particular one is it's only an opinion because they don't really perform any actual function.
You have a couple different design approaches...
The topGunz and Daystar are pretty much identical--two steel donuts with a sleeve welded in between to create the space.
The PRG and Calmini use a big, solid piece of aluminum available in different sizes... 2" lift for 4WD and 3" lift for 2WD. PRG includes the Energy Suspension bumpstops.
It really just comes down to personal preference, budget or the flip of a coin. TopGunz are the most affordable, PRG probably has best customer service, Daystar has big $$$ R&D and mass production and Calmini seems to be hit or miss; one day everyone shows up happy and everything is in stock and ships on time and the next everyone's pissed and decides let's screw the customer and not ship anything for 3 weeks.

·
on line
13,467 Posts
No one is better than the other, but my top gun spacer has held up to any offroading i have done and i have over 20k miles on them now with no issues at all. And the blend in well with the stock suspension, ive been to the dealer a few times since i installed them and no one has said a word. Now a bright silver spacer up there would attract more attention. And ya cant beat em for 99 bucks! Lifetime warrenty on them as well.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Personally I would take a steel spacer over an aluminum one, but a spacer is a spacer, they all do the same exact thing.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys!!!

Also, do you think I will need a longer shackles too? I already have the shrock front bumper and quite a bit of sag up there. The deavers should level me out right?

·
on line
15,651 Posts
If you put just spacers in the front and nothing in the rear, you will have quite a bit of front rake.

I would suggest shackles, or better yet, AAL's in the rear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts