Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to get some shock coil spacers installed at a shop.....how much should this cost?....(in labor, i have the spacers)
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
by the time youre done looking for a good price you could have done it yourself. if its really a coil spacer and not just a spacer that bolts to the top of the whole assembly then its slightly more difficult but all you have to do is rent a coil compressor from autozone and take it apart. this would be free and maybe 2 hours of your time.

·
Registered
79 Posts
This is something that for the most part is easy to do yourself.You can do one side at a time rather than jacking up the whole front end.If the spacers are the bolt on ones you just take out the strut, mount the spacer on rotate the whole thing 180 degrees and put it back the same way you took it out.If you decide to take this on yourself,undo the front sway bar first so that its not putting pressure on the suspension.For the most part any spacer that gives more than an inch lift you will have to undo the upper control arm ball joint from the spindle,just loosen the big fat nut almost off and smack the spindle with a bfh;big ....ing hammer.Everything is for the most part the reverse of the removal.Dont forget the lower control arm camber bolt replacement then alignment.Hope I helped more than ranting

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Hope you like your truck riding like garbage. I put the incoils in and after all the rework with the stupid spring compressor. I took those pieces of garbage off and bought the on top ones. They work 200 times better and truck feels the same

Don't waste your time! Sorry to be negative but **** I was pissed after I did all that work to have my truck feel like ****
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 10 of 10 Posts