Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posting in here in case it gets more attention;

I want to diagnose a misfire in cylinder #4 on my xterra, if someone has a spare coil pack in the surrey/langely area that would sell / lend me a coil pack tonight that would help me out!

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
I'm in a different part of the world, but you should be able to diagnose the misfire by swapping #4 with another coil pack and see if the problem follows the coil pack.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm in a different part of the world, but you should be able to diagnose the misfire by swapping #4 with another coil pack and see if the problem follows the coil pack.
That's sound advice. You're also lucky it's #4 since that one is quite accessible (not like #1). You should be able to swap it with #6 pretty easily. About a year and a half ago I had a misfire problem with #1 and tracked the problem down to the coilpack by moving it to #4 and the DTC code moved to #4. Since I had 200K miles on the X, I decided to replace all the coil packs at the same time. I bought these from Amazon (OEM are quite expensive).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008UOL5KC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have had no issues with these since I installed them in 2017. I saved all but the #1 coilpack as spares.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thanks for the advice.

I did some looking on amazon. What is the difference between the one you posted and this one?

https://www.amazon.com/Hitachi-IGC0006-Ignition-Coil/dp/B004A0RAE0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1540938280&sr=8-1&keywords=hitachi+coil+pack+xterra

There are so many options, different prices...I think OEM from the dealership or Lordco is ~120.
I don't see any obvious differences between the two other than the price. It looks like its about $10 more expensive per coil pack. Hitachi is a good brand and I have read that they are one of the OE suppliers for this part.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts