Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay fellas, i am extremely satisfied with these things. All i have to say is that there is a Night and Day difference between these and the AC coils with rancho 9000 shocks. There even seems to be a little more lift. I know that the AC coils claim to add 2.5" of lift (and maybe they do) but i have the radflos dialed in at 2.5" of lift and they are definitely lifting the truck a little more. I cant wait for my alcan springs to arrive.
Now all i need to do is go to firestone and get my free alignment! :cheers:

Install was a breeze! Just a matter of unscrewing four bolts (three on top one on bottom) per shock, then screwing four back in.

·
on line
236 Posts
Re: Coil overs are here!!

S_e_X-Terra said:
here is a pic of what is going on my X this weekend.
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e155/edwardwebb/DSC00270.jpg[/i

what was the damage to the wallet?

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Cool, those are going to be ordered after Christmas. I am now debating on if I should sell off the Calmini AAL's and get Alcan packs for the rear at the same time.

·
on line
1,407 Posts
Word of advice throw anti-sieze on those puppies before the install. I have coilovers on my Jetta and I forgot to put anti-sieze on them one winter. Needless to say they are non-adjustable now.

·
on line
1,407 Posts
Being that I work with air conditioning all day getting my hands on Freon shouldn't be an issue! :cheers:

·
on line
236 Posts
I wonder why they dont make a verson that does not require you to buy the upper a-arms ... i just want a high quality shock for the front to run the baja, but i dont need the extra travel , and bling or the upper arms

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
B Slater said:
Word of advice throw anti-sieze on those puppies before the install. I have coilovers on my Jetta and I forgot to put anti-sieze on them one winter. Needless to say they are non-adjustable now.
What is anti-sieze? where can i find it?

·
on line
1,407 Posts
In the first picture you can see why you need the new UCA's. It looks awesome! When I get a chance I will update the suspension lift sticky.

·
on line
236 Posts
S_e_X-Terra said:
B Slater said:
u can find it in any auto store, like autostone... it prevents the spring collar from siezing up from road grime, like salt, dirt and all that junk

·
on line
15,651 Posts
S_e_X-Terra said:
B Slater said:
You can find it at any auto store. It either comes in a small tube or a small bottle. It's silver and prevents metals from fusing together. It's great stuff. No tool box should be without it.

·
on line
1,407 Posts
It is used all the time on spark plugs in aluminum heads. It prevents the dissimilar metals from bonding together.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
Lookin good Eddo... i can only imagine the ride difference from those AC's

snutty wrote:
i just want a high quality shock for the front to run the baja,
There's always the Rancho 9000's which aren't bad for the price!

·
on line
1,320 Posts
i'd hope so...they're advertised as $899 a set on his website
The $899 is for the resevoired version... same shock but with external resi for better cooling! Even at $899 that's an incredible deal for a shock that's the equivalent of a King or SAW!

1 - 20 of 75 Posts