Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
on line
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just installed a 3" Calmini lift today. The instuctions say to notch the bucket to allow for the UCA. Does anybody know how to do this?

·
on line
641 Posts
Xterror said:
Hey guys, I just installed a 3" Calmini lift today. The instuctions say to notch the bucket to allow for the UCA. Does anybody know how to do this?
Yes, don't do it!

·
on line
1,407 Posts
I wouldn't notch the UCA. The Nissan engineers put that much material there for a reason. I have almost 20k on my "spacer" lift kit and my UCA's are fine, even after a little bumping.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Yea, they will notch themselves depending on how you drive. You were smart not to do it. But get that alignment done. It's out! Firestone lifetime alignment is the way to go Wheeler! You will only hear the UCA's make contact on gigantic drops where you have the front end off the ground. You'll know what it is.
Don't worry be happy!
MC

·
on line
641 Posts
USMC XTERRA said:
But get that alignment done. It's out! Firestone lifetime alignment is the way to go Wheeler!

MC

MC is right again! If your rig was built after 08/15/2005, get the cam bolts. Otherwise they won't be able to correct your camber.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Offroad said:
USMC XTERRA said:
But get that alignment done. It's out! Firestone lifetime alignment is the way to go Wheeler!

MC

MC is right again! If your rig was built after 08/15/2005, get the cam bolts. Otherwise they won't be able to correct your camber.
Hey! GOOD ADD! I forgot about that! Even though I was the one that found out about it! But in that case! The Dealer will pay for your alignment! There is a TSB if he don't know what he's doing you can lead the way!
MC

·
on line
142 Posts
More info on the camber bolts please! I had the AC coils and AAL instaled and there seems to be a little extra negative camber on the front. Is this what others have experienced? I was hoping that the rig would settle and that extra -cam would go away.

btw - the extra stiff springs are sweet on the X. Most of the squat and dive has gone away as well as a lot of the roll. I'm glad i got the AAL. The stiffer spring rate in the rear seems to have reduced some of the skitter when you drive over bumps on a curve at highway speeds. I thought the oposite would happen. :bounce:

With this set up my OR model was lifted 2" front and 1 3/4" rear, but i did the measurements after adding a full set of Shrockworks skids and sliders, oops.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts