Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to recall somebody fabricating a bracket to their CO2 tank and mounting it against the cargo area wall. I've searched but can't find.

Lil help! Please

·
on line
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should elaborate. Some clever fellow removed the rear interior side panel and fastened a sheet of steel to the metal surface. He then mounted his co2 tank mounting bracket to that (after he put the plastic cover). It looked really clean and sturdy. I can't find the write-up he did using the search.

Here's my CO2 mount:

·
on line
3,272 Posts
The same gent made another post when he got the 10lbs tank I believe. You might want to check it out.

·
on line
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for chiming in guys. contenderv07 was close with his link but that wasn't the project. Evidently, when you remove the side panel, you'll see a void in the sheet metal directly behind that cut-out area. That's why the guy fastened a square piece of metal there so he could have something sturdy to secure his CO2 bracket.

I know it's here...it's just being sneaky. :geek:

·
on line
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
KillJoy LosAngeles said:
http://www.thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=4998&highlight=powertank

maybe if you spend more time on here posting pictures of your beauty it would be easier for you to find them!!!!

i just want new pics man!

:blackeye: :cheers:

·
on line
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nicely done!

A few Q's

Can you give me some advice about removing the plastic panels? Did you damage any of the clips/connectors by removing the panels? Did you need any special tools to remove the panels?

Thanks!

·
on line
2,248 Posts
8th Man said:
Nicely done!

A few Q's

Can you give me some advice about removing the plastic panels? Did you damage any of the clips/connectors by removing the panels? Did you need any special tools to remove the panels?

Thanks!
Once you get the utilitracks out there are a couple more hidden screws, including one behind a pull out clip near the hatch seal. You're going to have to unbolt the driver side rear seat. to get access to everything.

The rest of the clips will pull out, and go back in pretty easy. I inspected all of 'em after I pulled the panels out for the first time and none of them were broken. I re-installed and had to remove the side panel beneath the window several times when I was trimming the hole to fit around plate I bolted in there. The plastic clips seemed to hold up pretty well. I wouldn't stress about it too much.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts