Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,

We went with the Copper/Winter park pass this year as we wanted a change in scenery and figured this was a good way to switch up. Anyone else get this pass and interested in going up, car pooling, whatever; post up!!

I hear that one of the Winter Park lots is pretty friendly; BBQ's, dogs roaming around, etc! I'm pretty excited to acclimate the pup this year!!

Later,

Chris

Copper/WP Pass Holders

1. N.Y.X. + ole lady
  2. coloxt

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have WP Pass but you already know just felt i should post up
Hahaha I know!~ But yes, it would be good to see who all has them so we can get some ski trips put together as well!! I've never represented the X's in a ski lot, but always get complimented when we're taking a break in the lot!! I'll put together a list in the OP.

·
on line
2,651 Posts
The Mary Jane C lot that the spot to be in, next to the Challenger lift, nothing but families and tourists over at WP plus you have to walk through that crap village or pay to park. You'll need to leave Denver early to get into that lot during the busy times, I would leave Golden at 6:45 to get a solid spot in the C lot. As the year winds down that's when the partying starts with the BBQs and kegs, typically you can just grab a glass and make the rounds from one keg to another. First time in 30+ years I won't be hitting the Jane bumps and Topher's trees. Someone please say high to the No Fat Chicks hut and Ms Brown's Tea House for me at some point this year as well as rip it from top to bottom non-stop on Trestle or Derailer.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Mary Jane C lot that the spot to be in, next to the Challenger lift, nothing but families and tourists over at WP plus you have to walk through that crap village or pay to park. You'll need to leave Denver early to get into that lot during the busy times, I would leave Golden at 6:45 to get a solid spot in the C lot. As the year winds down that's when the partying starts with the BBQs and kegs, typically you can just grab a glass and make the rounds from one keg to another. First time in 30+ years I won't be hitting the Jane bumps and Topher's trees. Someone please say high to the No Fat Chicks hut and Ms Brown's Tea House for me at some point this year as well as rip it from top to bottom non-stop on Trestle or Derailer.
Thanks for the heads up man!!! Over the past 3 years we would typically leave Denver no later than 5:45am to beat ALL/MOST traffic and just chill at haywoods or in the lot rather than just sit in traffic... Looks like I will be able to sleep in a bit:)

·
on line
10,980 Posts
I've gotcha Sean-o ... didn't get any days with you last year, and it was a bummer. I'm hopeful to maybe sneak away up your way for a quick trip this season, but kinda have to play that one by ear with the kiddo and whatever might work for you.

I've had a Copper/WP pass for the past 3 years (but like Sean, have been skiing there my whole life) ... but with a one year old, I didn't renew my pass (yet?) for this year. MJ is my favorite local place ... I grew up at Copper & Eldora (and Sugar Bowl & Kirkwood out in *ahem* Tahoe). The hot tip at Copper is to run laps on Super-B ... if the snow's worth a darn hang on the back side as long as your legs can keep up.

Man ... I need to sort my crap out and get some days ... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
306 Posts
I just got my new board, bindings, and boots in today, and plan to head to Copper Mountain on Sunday and buy a season pass. Don't Have any room in the Xterra, but others are welcome to join us.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts