Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a little help, guys & gals. I've searched here & the web and called a few dealerships, but cannot get any information or part number. The plastic bushing from my clutch linkage to the pedal is crapped out & now has a bit of slop & the cruise has trouble coming/staying on. I call lift the pedal with my foot to engage the cruise switch, but it vibrates down on less than smooth roads. It's a simple fix, just can't find the definitive part. Can anybody help me out with a part number or link?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Seems like there are some ghetto fixes for this as well if I recall. Something involving a dime and tape maybe? It's a pretty common issue, mine does it just not bad enough I've tried to fix it yet. Search for it some more on here with some creative terms and focusing on cruise control or failure to start issues, and there might be more info scattered about.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I need a little help, guys & gals. I've searched here & the web and called a few dealerships, but cannot get any information or part number. The plastic bushing from my clutch linkage to the pedal is crapped out & now has a bit of slop & the cruise has trouble coming/staying on. I call lift the pedal with my foot to engage the cruise switch, but it vibrates down on less than smooth roads. It's a simple fix, just can't find the definitive part. Can anybody help me out with a part number or link?
I might be misunderstanding your problem, but if the only issue you are having is the cruise control not coming (or staying) on, then that can be fixed without any new parts. Just move the switch-sensor (or whatever it is called) a bit forward so that the pin is pushed in when the pedal is fully let off. There is a locknut, untighten that and turn the switch so that it moves forward (you might need to unplug the cable from it) and then retighten/reconnect.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seems like there are some ghetto fixes for this as well if I recall. Something involving a dime and tape maybe? It's a pretty common issue, mine does it just not bad enough I've tried to fix it yet. Search for it some more on here with some creative terms and focusing on cruise control or failure to start issues, and there might be more info scattered about.
I've already got the dime mod for a temp solution to my cruise kicking off. :thumbup:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I might be misunderstanding your problem, but if the only issue you are having is the cruise control not coming (or staying) on, then that can be fixed without any new parts.
The cruise issue is a byproduct of my pedal problem. The bushing that goes between the pedal itself & the pin that attaches the linkage to the pedal has a (essentially) a split & is allowing free play at the linkage end. It's not much movement at the pin (about halfway up the back of the clutch pedal) but translates into more at the pedal pad. It looks to be the #46540A pin where my issue is.

·
Registered
190 Posts
The cruise issue is a byproduct of my pedal problem. The bushing that goes between the pedal itself & the pin that attaches the linkage to the pedal has a (essentially) a split & is allowing free play at the linkage end. It's not much movement at the pin (about halfway up the back of the clutch pedal) but translates into more at the pedal pad. It looks to be the #46540A pin where my issue is.
Is it this bushing? -> https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/parts/nissan-bush-pedal~46535-ea000.html

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts