Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
on line
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, just wanted to let you know that I've contacted a couple clutch makers asking if they plan on making anything for the X. Well, here's the first one to respond. Enjoy! I'll post more as I get info back from the others.

Hello Alex ,
at this time were testing FX100 - FX400 for the 4.0 l engines .
we should have the kits available in late March .
keep eye on our web site for the update .
thanks
lonnie

>
>
>
> From: Alejandro Lara [mailto:[email protected]]
> Sent: Saturday, December 29, 2007 8:41 PM
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Clutch Kits for the 4.0L Nissan Xterras....

·
on line
1,206 Posts
Nice!!! We should definitely keep on this guy....

·
on line
1,206 Posts
Peck said:
Sweeeet. It'll be better than OEM and probably cheaper.
Hell yeah it will be a lot cheaper! Nissan clutches are insanely priced!

·
on line
246 Posts
we need a centerforce to make a clutch................................either way i havent had problems with mine stock and i think it grabs just fine

·
on line
4,495 Posts
Why Centerforce? So we can pay extra for the name? I've driven a Taco with their dual friction, and it was nice feeling, but not worth the extra money to me. Clutch Masters makes great clutches.

My stock clutch grabs fine also, but I wish it could be a little firmer cause thats how I my clutches.

·
on line
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey folks, well, I got two more responses. One from SPEC Clutches(they already make high performance clutches for us!) and Centerforce. The email from Centerforce is kinda odd, but let's hope for the best. Here's the one from SPEC:

Yes, we have just started offering them, but do not yet have them on
the site. For a supercharger application, and one that will still be
perfectly street friendly, I recommend the stage 2 or 2+ (2+ if you prefer a slightly quicker engagement than stock). Both will handle more than a s/c will make on your 4.0L... We have sold what we had in stock but I will have st2's and 2+'s ready to ship about Monday....$399 kit price for either. Includes bearing and tool as well..

David Norton
S.P.E.C., Inc
800-828-4379
fax: 205-491-8593

And here's the one from Centerforce:

Hello Alejandro,
Thanks for the e-mail.
At this time we are waiting for our parts source to release availability of the parts so we can purchase.
Keep checking with us on the availability of these parts.
Regards,

LARRY CLARK
Senior Account Representative <-----Oh no! a bean counter ahhh!
Sales - Customer Service - Catalogs
CENTERFORCE PERFORMANCE CLUTCHES
Division of Midway Industries
Bus. 928/771-8422 ext. 30
Fax. 928/771-8322
[email protected]

Hope this gives ya and idea as to what's available. So who's gonna be the first to "volunteer" hehe. :evil3:
Alex

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Runix3,

You are my hero. Never really took the time to research any clutch manufucturers besides Centerforce. I'll be doing my clutch in the next 3-4 (once the [email protected] weather warms up) months as preventative maintenance of sorts before GONE.

Might have to do a little more research on SPEC and clutchmasters...

·
on line
155 Posts
SWEET! At least we have an option beyond bending over the barrel at the dealership. I been worried that my clutch would go now that I have 70K miles. I'll keep at least $399 in my "clutch fund".

·
on line
735 Posts
The clutch market doesn't really emerge until 3 or 4 years after a model is introduced. Should be good to go by the time I have issues with mine.

·
on line
707 Posts
Thanks for researching that runix3! One of the things I worry about the X. For the fellow Oregonians Horsepower Freaks in Portland carry both Centerforce and SPEC if you want to buy locally. Only have the listings on their website(www.horsepowerfreaks.com) for the Gen 1s so far though.

·
on line
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No problem, glad to of helped. I had to get used to doing this when working on the "other" car, lol.

·
on line
1,206 Posts
So SPEC has already released the Clutches?

·
on line
612 Posts
dAMN why couldn't I have known this about two months ago! I hate Nissan for how they treated me, damn shame I love the X though.

·
on line
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SPEC has them available, but they're out of stock. They should have some more by monday. And $399 is not bad at all for a HP clutch. I shelled out $425 for my stage 2 sintered iron clutch from clutch specialties on the Impulse RS.

·
on line
4,495 Posts
WHAAAAAAAAAAT! SPEC has a clutch out for us already?!? I sooo have to make a phone call now, I have a connection with Texas Hot Rods...which is an authorized dealer for SPEC and actually has them as a sponsor on one of their 2valve mod-Mustangs. I'd take a SPEC in a hearbeat!

·
on line
1,716 Posts
Peck said:
WHAAAAAAAAAAT! SPEC has a clutch out for us already?!? I sooo have to make a phone call now, I have a connection with Texas Hot Rods...which is an authorized dealer for SPEC and actually has them as a sponsor on one of their 2valve mod-Mustangs. I'd take a SPEC in a hearbeat!
Talk them into a group buy...PLEEEEASE

·
on line
1,206 Posts
Lonesome Crow said:
Peck said:
Talk them into a group buy...PLEEEEASE
x23496867589

·
on line
4,495 Posts
I'm going to call Tuesdsay as its the first day I have off. But honestly, cross your fingers but don't hold your breath.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts