Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
on line
107 Posts
I just wonder if they knew about that 2 washer situation, your symptoms sound EXACTLY like what I experienced after the did my 5100 install. I woudl at least call and ask them. I drove around with that for 2 week before I came back to dealership, they took the whole thing apart, put in warranty on nearly every front end part and replaced at the time lik $1300 worth of parts and finally I solved with Bilstein tech support.

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra Pro 4X
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I just wonder if they knew about that 2 washer situation, your symptoms sound EXACTLY like what I experienced after the did my 5100 install. I woudl at least call and ask them. I drove around with that for 2 week before I came back to dealership, they took the whole thing apart, put in warranty on nearly every front end part and replaced at the time lik $1300 worth of parts and finally I solved with Bilstein tech support.
What did they replace? I’m assuming the struts were assembled correctly, it’s an ADO lift kit. I would hope they assembled them correctly lol. I grinded down my coil bucket a nice amount and most of it went away.

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra Pro 4X
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I spoke with all dogs off-road and they said if I had the shocks assembled by them I wouldn’t need to worry about the washer situation. I did come across a post on a Titan forum that was talking about how some aftermarket lcas can have a slightly bigger hole for the bottom shock mount. That causes play therefore a clunk. People use washers and weld them to the lower control arm shock mount to remedy it. Alldogs off-road sells the them. I’m going to do more investigating though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I spoke with all dogs off-road and they said if I had the shocks assembled by them I wouldn’t need to worry about the washer situation. I did come across a post on a Titan forum that was talking about how some aftermarket lcas can have a slightly bigger hole for the bottom shock mount. That causes play therefore a clunk. People use washers and weld them to the lower control arm shock mount to remedy it. Alldogs off-road sells the them. I’m going to do more investigating though.
I have the Mevotech Supreme lCA as well and have the same clunk that I notice going over bumps at lower speeds. I too have read some posts about oblong holes in the lCA Shock Mount. I’m curious if this is an issue with Mevotech. I have NissTec Mkii Coilovers and it’s driving me nuts hearing the clunk...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Once I had a clunking noise which I swear was coming from the back of the car. With my son, we started to shake an rock the X while parked, and it turned out to be loose front sway bar link. It could be something as silly as this.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts