Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I wanted to say that My 05 Xterra has AT rebuilt transmision, it was done about year and a half ago. Bypass was done as well. I think it started happening recently tha when switching from R to D and other way I get fairly long delay. I need to wait good three seconds after switching before I press on gas so it doesnt jerk. It works fine on a highway but when I come to the stop or close to the stop and give it some gas right after I get the same delay. There were few things That came to my mind.

Would changing the trasmision help?
Maybe getting one of those bulldog computers would help? I feel like there is some kind of computer delay more than mechanical.

I dont get any cell codes or any other lights. My x has plenty of power going up the hill or pulling trailer. What do you think.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually had too much fluid and just droped some, I think when warmed up on a flat surface it works much better I just try not to rush it when I switch.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe I'm exaggerating by saying 3 seconds but why would it have a delay when Im breaking and giving gas after that?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
mine has absolutely no delay. maybe a fraction of a second but not enough for me to notice unless i really pay attention to it. when my fluid was low and i stepped on the gas my rpms would go up and then it would react and jerk a bit.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I recently added one of those lucas conditioners not a lot but could this make the transmision act like this? I dont remember which oil I used ,it was one of the synthetic ones though. Do some transmision oils work better than others in X?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
134 Posts
I don't know from experience but I've seen often the consensus on tranny fluid is to stick with the oem nissan matic-s.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
I recently added one of those lucas conditioners not a lot but could this make the transmision act like this? I dont remember which oil I used ,it was one of the synthetic ones though. Do some transmision oils work better than others in X?
Posted via Mobile Device
I would get rid of the Lucas product ASAP.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok I dropped some transmition oil thinking I had too much. X started switching gears much harder and I think 5th gear was gone. I feel so dumb because after all I didn't have enough transmision fluid since the begining. I actually ended up adding two bottles of the fluid to have it on normal levels. X is doing much better now. Delay is gone and if there is any it is very slight. Thank you for the support.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
22,508 Posts
ok I dropped some transmition oil thinking I had too much. X started switching gears much harder and I think 5th gear was gone. I feel so dumb because after all I didn't have enough transmision fluid since the begining. I actually ended up adding two bottles of the fluid to have it on normal levels. X is doing much better now. Delay is gone and if there is any it is very slight. Thank you for the support.
Posted via Mobile Device
That's why I was saying it sounded low. As I said in the 1st post, always check the tranny fluid with the truck warmed up, on level ground, in park, and with the truck running and you'll be good. Glad you got it straightened out.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 12 of 12 Posts