Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright VAXC members, let's figure some things out.

Clearly we have a decent amount of X owners here in Virginia who are members here, clubX, the old VAXC, and on the Facebook group. I even got us a website (that needs MAJOR work, I know), we have some prototype decals going around, some older decals from a few years ago, and Scott set us up with some pretty nice spotted cards. Heck, we even have our own little space here at TNX thanks to Old Navy helping us out.

The one thing we seem to be missing however is an actually club. We don't have anything regular set up for meetings, no real membership structure, no leadership, or anything collective as a club going on. Some people post here, some people post on Facebook, and I rarely see a post over at clubX.

I want to change all that, if other states and areas can get their act together - why can't we? Look at our neighbors GPAX and MDXC - they have something pretty sweet going on there. Granted, they have access to more wheeling then we do - but overall we can get something going like that.

So with that, I am opening the stand to ask people - What do you want from the VAXC?

More wheeling? Scheduled Mod days? Regular meet ups (to include wheeling or not wheeling)? Membership structures (Supporting/regular)?

Going to open the floor up here, will be taking everything down and organizing all suggestions. Over the next week or so I am going to do what I can to get the ball rolling and really bring the VAXC back to life for real this time.

Suggestions
Stickers
T-Shirts
Regular Meet Ups/Meet and Greets
Routine Mod Days
More Frequent Wheeling (Sundays suggested)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Dont have the X anymore (Maybe getting a new one soon ;)) But im down to help. Im thinking new shirts/stickers/ club cards to promote the idea might be a good start. A while back i had a VAXC meet and greet in Richmond. About 7 X's showed up. We could start doing a routine meet and greet? Sorry just throwing out a bunch of stuff out there!

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey man, that would rock! The more people we can get involved the more this turns into a club thing vs. me shoving it down people's throat.

I have a pretty good thing set up with Graveyard for a club decal and Scott has the spotted cards. I have thought up some cool designs for shirts, basic things at first of course, but deff have some other things I have thought of.

We have had two meet ups this summer - the first in May and the other in July, where we hit Shoe Creek. Here in RVA we have had a few mod days too. If people would be down, would like to have regular wheeling trips as well as meet ups too. Just need people interested and who will actually show up.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I would drive up to Richmond for mod days/ meet and greet if it was on a weekend. Too far for a weeknight. If the roommate is cool with it I might put out a feeler for a mod day at my place. My lift is on its way, for real this time :rockin:

Oh, and sign me up for the first round of shirts/stickers!!!

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Going to start a list of suggestions on the OP.

I know we have enough people that regular mod days, at the very least once a month, could be really helpful to most people. There might be a mad rush at first to get everything done, but I am sure we can all figure it out.

For wheeling, I am always down for Sundays. I know most people have plans on saturdays and usually have to bail, maybe sundays would work better?

Let's keep the ideas rolling!

·
Registered
162 Posts
thoughts

I know some people are pushing sundays for ride days, but I would be more interested in making at least a two day thing out of it...I love camping and wheeling anywhere of any quality is at least a two-three hour drive for me...so i like to make an event out of it if i can :) (friday/sat or sat/sun)

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know some people are pushing sundays for ride days, but I would be more interested in making at least a two day thing out of it...I love camping and wheeling anywhere of any quality is at least a two-three hour drive for me...so i like to make an event out of it if i can :) (friday/sat or sat/sun)
You know what is really cool? There might just be an even this weekend that involves camping and wheeling at Big Dogs Offroad Park.

http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=67361

But other wise - totally down for some camping and wheeling adventures man. I will add that to the list in the OP, great idea!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hahaha I know this is for "Xterra Club" but I was hoping almost a Virginia Nissan Offroad Club.. I use to be in a Jeep club and we accepted all Jeeps; granted Wranglers were the majority, we did have a few others. Just a thought I had is all. I know we Frontiers have a couple in Hampton, Gloucester, etc...

I know some people might only want to keep it as a Specific Model club but I think you guys have a good plan started. I like the "spotted cards" idea, as yesterday I was at Bass Pro and had another Frontier park next to mine, but I've never seen him before. If I had a card or something to leave under the wiper I could have got him to join Club Frontier, or a Va Nissan Club.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh! While we are an "Xterra Club", we are pretty open. We have two fronty owners and one guy in a 4runner as well.

Last run run actually we had a ford with us. Pretty funny to hear that diesel whine in the middle of the woods, ha!

But yeah man, if people have the same interests and some knowledge to share I don't see any reason they should be excluded.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
20 Posts
Don't post much on here but would be nice to get something going. Most of the people I wheel with are out in TN.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts