Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I have a 2006 xterra, five months old, and 7k miles on it. Recently I have noticed a clicking that seems to come from the passenger side rear tire area. This clicking only happens when i am turning the vehicle, in forward or reverse. Driving in a straight line and going over bumps does not produce the sound. It seems like bumps in the road do not produce this clicking, only turing the wheel and having the vehilce turn. Also, I do have a hitch (hidden hitch brand) installed.

Does anyone have any ideas of what could be causing this problem?

Thanks

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Sounds like the diff or a bearing may be going out. I'd go to the dealer. e Hard to tell by the description, like giving a haircut over the phone. If it is what I think it is, they will know what it is. Hope they get the right part in. If they need it bargain for a loaner until it is done! Done. MC

·
on line
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.. i know its tough to diagnose over the forum, but thats what i was thinking.. Just wanted some other opinions before heading over to the dealer.

thanks again!

·
on line
1,361 Posts
kadomkaitis said:
Thanks for the reply.. i know its tough to diagnose over the forum, but thats what i was thinking.. Just wanted some other opinions before heading over to the dealer.

thanks again!
I like to do the same trouble shoot all possibilities before taking it in.

·
on line
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for all the replies... I just got back from the dealer.. after 6 hours of their troubleshooting they found a loose body bolt above the rear passenger side tire... They tightened it up and no more clicking! thanks...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts