Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What products do yall use to clean your Xterras? I have been using a spone from advance auto and Meguires car cleaner. I use a sqigee to get the water off of the windows. I have prblems with little "I dont know what they ares" all over my paint, and I cant get them off. I have always had white vehicles and never had a problem with this. What do yall use and do yall have this same problem? It is probobly just what I have to deal with after getting a black vehicle... Thatks in advance. Oh yea, and what do yall use for the plastic on the exterior? I know I see some messed up lookin plastic on some Xterras around here. I dont want mine to end up looking like that.
-Mikey

·
on line
1,361 Posts
i know MC is a big fan of ICE on all the plastic and paint, inside and out. Haven't tried it yet myself.

·
on line
1,407 Posts
I tend to use Zymol wax, and it looks great and lasts a long time. As far as the insides I use good ol' Armorall. Do the little "you don't know what they are" look like little rust spots? If so that is rail dust. You need to clay bar your car and it will take care of it. I do mine about twice a year.

·
on line
1,479 Posts
I use soap with eukanuba, or however it is spelled, wax. makes for an easy and nice shine. Black magic on the tires, rainX for the windows(all of them) and armorall for the interior

·
on line
1,407 Posts
carnuba?

·
on line
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What about drying? yall use anything or just let it set? I have problems with water spots. Whenever I try to dry it, it leaves little fuzz everywhere. I didnt have to hastle with that with white. Black looks sweet when clean, which is almost never.

·
on line
1,407 Posts
I use "The Absorber" it is a synthetic chamois, and it works really well!

·
on line
1,320 Posts
Whenever I try to dry it, it leaves little fuzz everywhere.
no way to avoid it when drying with a towel... after you wax and buff it's all gone though.

I use "The Absorber" it is a synthetic chamois, and it works really well!
X2, reminds me, i gotta get a new one... the dog had fun with the last one! :angry1:

·
on line
1,831 Posts
Soap: Meguires Gold Class
Sponges: Meguires Hand Mitt (body) / Target Plush Sponge (wheels)
Wax: Meguires NXT Tech Wax Paste
Interior: Meguires NXT Tech Protectant Interior Protectant
Tires: Target brand tire brush, Meguires Hot Shine Foam spray
Drying: The Original California Water Blade, Meguires XL Chamois.
Windows: ZEP foaming spray, Expedition Exchange Micro-Fiber towls.
________
Depakote Lawsuit Information

·
on line
1,407 Posts
FYI - My wax experience in Michigan (which means 100 degree summers and -30 degree snowy salty winters)

Zymol - Fairly easy to apply, looks good, and lasts looooong
NXT Wax - Super easy to apply, looks great, smells good, and lasts pretty good
Meguires Gold Class - easy to apply, looks great, lasts ok
Meguires 3-Step Process - takes a while to apply, looks great, and last long

·
on line
204 Posts
Also keep in mind that when washing a dark/black vehicle, it is best to do it out of the sun when the surface of your X isn't hot. (This prevents it from spotting so quick.) I also continuously spray my X until I am ready to dry it off. I use a chomois and a microfiber towel to dry my X off. You may have already known this, if so, disregard. Also, black vehicle means hard to keep clean. Good luck...

·
on line
616 Posts
Washing: Generic non-wax auto wash and micro-fiber mitt
Drying: California water blade
Wax: Zymol
Tire cleaning: Bleach White (stupid white letters)
Exterior plastic, interior and tires: 303 Protectant
Windows and various touch-ups: Windex Multi-Task (clear)
Between wash cleanings: McGuire’s Detailing Spray

If there is no caked on dirt, I will clean the X using the detailing spray as indicated on the packaging. It does not scratch the paint, but will leave a light haze if not completely buffed off.

303 Protectant is some expensive but good stuff. I will last for several weeks and a little goes a long way.

-Old Army

1 - 14 of 14 Posts