Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after driving up to one of the ski bumps that we have here in MI for a day of skiing, my truck is extremely dirty, and the wheels have a nice crusty layer of salt and crap that they put on the roads around here.
Seeing as how I just did these this past weekend, is there any time limit on how long to wait before washing the wheels? Would going through a car wash do any harm?

·
In Limbo
9,460 Posts
If you want to rid of your salt, mud, dirt...

A normal car wash will do absolutely no harm.

If by hand, then normal soap, water, a sponge or even a brush.

Believe me, that Duplicolor is on there, so don't be afraid that you will scrub it off!

Oh, and I wouldn't worry about a time limit either, just wash in a normal time frame.

·
on line
10,133 Posts
you should be fine. Mine are still a little stained from the Rausch Creek mud from last month. The car wash should do the trick...they usually scrub the rims with a brush prior to entering the car wash. If that doesn't work, scrub them yourself. Note to self - clean the truck!!!

·
on line
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. I usually try to get the salt and crap off at least once a week, and a local car wash has undercarriage wash included, so I'll wait for a few days of decent weather and run it through.

·
TNX Administrator
20,256 Posts
Here's another option. . . . .

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
Old Navy said:
Here's another option. . . . .

I need a better car wash!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts