Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
on line
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only ask this because the OM said to use water and a clothe and my wife's Jetta says not to use certain chemicals on the dash.

What do you use to protect your dash? On my past vehicles I used armoral to keep it from cracking or fading and it worked pretty wel. I don't care to much about how clean it is as long as it won't crack or fade.

Any suggestions, what do you use, what not to use on the X?

·
on line
3,484 Posts
I use the wax called ICE by turtlewax it's amazing! Does the whole car inside and out! Even states that it is ok to use on interior and by gosh they are not kidding! 25K and mine look like new - better! Autozone, blue and clear bottle $14 last all year on 2 cars several waxes. Nothing I found works as good. MC

·
on line
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
USMC XTERRA said:
I use the wax called ICE by turtlewax it's amazing! Does the whole car inside and out! Even states that it is ok to use on interior and by gosh they are not kidding! 25K and mine look like new - better! Autozone, blue and clear bottle $14 last all year on 2 cars several waxes. Nothing I found works as good. MC
I have heard others say good things about it, and how easy it is to apply and wipe off.

On interiors does it work well to protect or does the bottle say?

I was actually going to pick up a bottle to do the exterior of the jetta this weekend.

·
on line
49 Posts
I started using water & clothe like the manual said. the armor all was leaving streaks and spots, so I only used it 1 time.

mitt

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown:-I've still got a gallon of ARMORAL left over from my Corvette days so thats what I use on ALL my plastic--including under the hood!!!

-- :drunken: :drunken: --JIMBO

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Buy the Ice and try it, Take it back if you don't like it, don't worry about the return policy, you won't be taking it back. Works like a charm, Armor All is so 70's! Ice is a sheen looking and dries and not slippery on plastic and rubber, on paint it's slick as all get out.

MC

·
on line
2,938 Posts
My dash has a nice mud pattern on it. I guess it needs a cleaning!

However, I am not one to keep the car spotless. I give it a good vaccum and a wipe of the dash every 3 or 4 months.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
kokopop said:
My dash has a nice mud pattern on it. I guess it needs a cleaning!

However, I am not one to keep the car spotless. I give it a good vaccum and a wipe of the dash every 3 or 4 months.
That sounds about right. Though only my doors have mud, the dash is mud free. :)

·
on line
46 Posts
meguiars interior quick detailer for light cleaning and mild protection

simple green & water (very diluted) for "heavy cleaning" and topped with megs natural shine

both leave the dash with like new look(very matte) you may not like that look if your an Amour All fan which is way too glossy for my taste

·
on line
42 Posts
XterraOverload is right....

That's right though. I have heard only good things about the 303 Aerospace protectant. I have used it on my SeaDoo seat for years sitting right out in the sun all day and it's been wonderful. No cracks and no fading, it actually restores the origional shine and color. Alot of motocrossers use it for the seats on their bikes too. Best way to buy it though is online.

·
on line
376 Posts
303 Aerospace protectant. has a 40 SPF UV protectant rating..........
Try to get that anywhere else.............

http://www.autogeek.net/303aerprot.html

303 Aerospace Protectant:
The best protection in the industry for your UV sensitive surfaces! Of all ... that benefit from this protectant that contains an SPF 40 sunscreen.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
I think it does, or you read that into it. I use it inside all the time last 7 months no problems. But the stuff he posted above is better I am sure. I just have to get some I want to use it on my boat. The thing with Ice is no white chalky residue. MC

·
on line
132 Posts
I just used hot/warm water and a lint free cloth over the weekend and it worked out great. I might consider that other stuff in a few months though. It seems like the water did the trick though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts