Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a the S rims and was wondering what you all use to clean up the grime and dust on your rims? This winter made them look pretty nasty and now I need to scrub them up.

I am sure someone has an easy solution where I don't have to use any elbow grease right :geek:

TIA

·
on line
631 Posts
i use Eagle One A-Z Wheel & Tire cleaner. wet the tire, spray it on, hose it off. i do it when i am washing the car and i dont have to dry the tires or wheels. even works to get bugs off the windshield or the front end.

·
on line
355 Posts
what about tires themselves? I find my tires REALLY hard to clean.. they get a buildup of oil from that shiny sprays i use to make them look killer.

·
on line
400 Posts
burnout said:
what about tires themselves? I find my tires REALLY hard to clean.. they get a buildup of oil from that shiny sprays i use to make them look killer.
rims: some soft bristle brush w/ bucket of warm water with some dishwashing soap

tires: same as above but for the extra shine i tried

but instead of leaving the foam, i leave it on for a few minutes and then wipe it down with a towel that way no leaking marks are seen.. then could also use that same towel to wipe down the rims.. will give it some shine 2

edit

·
on line
638 Posts
Have any of you ever had the tire shine stuff eat away the finish from the sidewalls of your tires? I used some non-foam stuff last spring and it deteriorated the smooth sidewall of my tire between the rims and side treads.. I'll never use that stuff again!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts