Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, First I would like to say thanks for the plethora of information that is on this site and others like it. I have searched this subject but can't seem to find anything that answers my curiosities exactly. My question is this: I have a 2009 Off Road model. I'm looking to do a 2" lift or leveling kit so that my 285's wont look so stuffed into the wheel wells. I would almost like to achieve a stock ride stance/spacing ratio just larger tires. All of the info I've read leads me to a 2" spacer in front and an add a leaf in back for 1.5" My issue is that most kits that I've found have a disclaimer that say (Pro-4x Off Road models will sit 1" higher in front due to Bilstein Shocks) I wanted to keep the factory rake or at least keep it close. What would you guys recommend to achieve this look and height. I don't do any "serious" off roading that a stock 4x4 xterra couldn't handle. No rock crawling. Just old washed out fire roads and the occasional mud whole. It is my daily driver so road manners is still important.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have a 2010 offroad hated the bilsteins so switched too 5100s added a 2 inch spacer and shackles at 1.5 ended up adding a add a leaf because the front was higher than the back. Just a heads up but once you get started you will want more.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't mind the stock bilsteins that are on it. Handles well and has taken all of the abuse I've thrown at them thus far. I'm not exactly ignorant to whats going on under there but I am on a budget and don't want to spend money on something just to find that it looks nothing like I wanted lol My local custom shop guy is recommending a ready lift 2.5 front strut extensions and a shackle for 1.5" in the back and then maybe an add a leaf to get the back up another inch or so. I just don't know.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I am certainly not an expert on this but if it is only to add more space for larger tires, wouldn't just a body lift be an option?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts