Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would put this in exterior... but I'm not asking any questions, just showing my first dent on the Xterra :cheers:

So some friends and I ran Rattlesnake Trail in Lehi, instead of doing Little Moab. Only because at the gas station we were at, a few more vehicles were heading up to Rattlesnake so we figured the more the better. I have a stock Xterra, except for the tires. My lift kit was supposed to be here last week, but is showing up sometime this week instead. And I decided to run the trail stock.
First off, here is a pic of my friends I went with.

As you can see my X is on the far left, the only stock vehicle. The 1st gen X has a 5" lift with rear locker, and the other Jeeps are lifted with lockers... I dont have either. But I ran the trail all the way through with only one damage. Not bad for a stock X!

I hit the rocker on the passenger side, just below the rear corner of the front passenger door. It's not that bad, my door still opens. If I had rock sliders, this wouldnt have happened :geek:

But the other Jeep owners were amazed at how well a stock Xterra did... and so was I. Strange thing is we were the only Nissans there, rock crawling and flying through the sand. I had fun, and my X took a pretty good hit. This dent doesn't bother me. As you can see the brushes on that trail like to scratch the paint, so I am not to worried. Overall I am satisfied with what it accomplished today... but it will take on more obstacles once it is finsihed.

·
TNX Administrator
20,246 Posts
^ It looks like your plans should have been to Shrock it first with Sliders, then lift it ....and lock it.

·
on line
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're right... looks like I have to change my signature! haha

·
on line
1,884 Posts
You have to balance the cost of the sliders vs the cost of the repair. My vote is obviously for shrock!

·
on line
79 Posts
i bet if you shrock it no one will be able to see the dent. if you hammered the dent down a bit so the door would have more travel room then shrock it youd be fine.

·
on line
1,114 Posts
Yep. Mask it off and hit it with the rattle can. Looks like two tone?

Bolt on some sliders. Good as new.

·
on line
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
8th Man said:
Yep. Mask it off and hit it with the rattle can. Looks like two tone?

Bolt on some sliders. Good as new.
So... no class today for me! And I decided to paint the lower rocker. Check the how to's as I took several pictures during the process

1 - 8 of 8 Posts