Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone heard of this brand local muffler shop is giving me a good price, how do they compare vs. gibson vs. magnaflow vs. flowmaster, i had my mind set on a gibson till i saw these and liked their pricing with custom y pipe...

·
on line
1,574 Posts
umm, if u want noise pollution tickets, go for iit.
its pretty much the loudest muffler, or demuffler, how ever u want to look at it, on the market.
just go w. gib or mag

·
on line
615 Posts
sonoraxterra said:
they have different models not all are glasspacks, the model they showed me was the cherrybomb turbo...
It's up to you, I have a Flowmaster 40 on my X and the interior noise can get to be bothersome at times but I've managed to get used to it. I am pretty sure the Cherry Bomb will be the loudest you could go with still having a muffler on the truck. It depends on how much noise you can/want to handle.

·
on line
1,977 Posts
I know I wouldn`t want anything louder than my Flowmaster 40.At first I thought it was too loud but I`m getting used to it too.I doubt ANYBODY would want to go louder than the 40.

·
on line
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i actually want something quieter than a flowmaster, since my wife mostly uses the x... the performance upgrades are for me when i tow my quads and stuff...

·
on line
735 Posts
cherry bombs??? you could just rip stock shit off by driving over rocks. Might be quieter..definitely free.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: I've always loved loud pipes, in all my vehicles--

--I have Flowmaster 50 (duals) on my X and the sound is nice with a neat little RAP, when shifting or decelerating--BUT

--even with the 50's, when you get to a "RESONANCE" point in gears the sound can be unsettling, I imagine you'd need EARPLUGS with those Cherrybombs !!

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
1,113 Posts
I actually just recently got the turbo muffler installed on my truck we did away with the y pipe and made it a 2in and 1 out. for the first month it was kinda loud but I got used to it and it has broken itself in so its not as bad as it used to be. theres a little bit of a drone at highway but not too bad and it has a nice rap when reving up.

·
on line
105 Posts
Just installed mt Volant an then I went to a local shop and gave me two options the Turbo and Pro.
I will probably go with the Pro. Does anybody else have this ,if so how dose it sound?

·
on line
2,570 Posts
Only guys i ever new to run these got them for noise. PITFA if you ask me. They usually mount them backwards too, to get the popping and backfiring. Drop your exhaust from the header - it'd sound better.

·
on line
105 Posts
just got Cherry Bomb turbo exhaust installed and it sounds awesome!
true their is some interior resonance but nothing i can't get used to.

·
on line
5,228 Posts
Muffler Options

I asked for some advice on this subject recently from a respectable source, PRG Greg. He likes the Spin Tech muffler because of low profile design, and high performance. A good muffler shop can install these and mod your pipes at a more resonable cost, and without interior resonance after effects. See Spin Tech write up at http://www.spintechmufflers.com/spin...ntechindex.asp

Spin Tech Mufflers
4768 Felspar St.
Riverside ,CA 92509

888-550-SPIN
909-360-2474

1 - 16 of 16 Posts