1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
on line
1,479 Posts
good call i need to check mine too

·
on line
631 Posts
that filter is still clean! just tap it a few times to let all the dirt out and reuse it!

im joking, mine looked like that after 12000 miles.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I am on my 3rd filter. The leaves and such don't bother me, but mine are always filled with dirt and such. If they were not so dang expensive ($25-$30) I would replace them more regurarly.

·
on line
641 Posts
juntao said:
i don't have the microfilter. should i be concerned?
I don't have one either, and I see no need to spend money on one.
The only way it makes sense (to me) to have one is if you always drive with all your windows up, all the time. Most people do some of their driving with the windows down, and once you do that, you'll end up with more "stuff" in your X than will ever be trapped by that filter.

·
on line
500 Posts
juntao said:
i don't have the microfilter. should i be concerned?
Helps reduce dust and pollen when all the windows are up, but as soon as the windows are down all the unfiltered air trumps the filtered vent air.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
i found somewhere a while back that on the Murano's it actually has cleaning instructions behind the glove box... basically just knock all the big junk out of it, soak in a soapy water solution for a couple hours, rinse, let dry and re-install!
Save that $30!

·
on line
1,667 Posts
sh1t! im up to 38000 on the original! now i have to find $30.

·
on line
3,592 Posts
Can they be tossed in a front load washing machine.. then Hung to dry??

not sure on the matriel.. if that can be or not.

FOUND LINKY: http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=703

Filters are located in behind your glove box, just tad off to the side.. should be one bolt...

From what I been reading on this site... There is a thread that shows it... somewhere....

I am only at 3,000 miles... gots me some time to clog them up... :)

·
on line
82 Posts
I didn't know where they were either. I don't think I would have found that old post. Thanks for the link, went into the garage to inspect mine and they were dirty.

·
on line
1,891 Posts
Chug said:
Can they be tossed in a front load washing machine.. then Hung to dry??

not sure on the matriel.. if that can be or not.

FOUND LINKY: http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=703

Filters are located in behind your glove box, just tad off to the side.. should be one bolt...

From what I been reading on this site... There is a thread that shows it... somewhere....

I am only at 3,000 miles... gots me some time to clog them up... :)
I wouldn't reuse them, I would just buy new ones to put in, that's what I did. I changed mine out about 5 months ago, and man it made a difference as far as the air quality. I didn't even notice it before I changed it, but once I did, yeah it was way better.

·
on line
3,592 Posts
Cleaned out the junk in the X box, re did the XM wire.. since had the glove box open.. might as well check the Filters..

Easy, to pop little door open Made a small arrow on filter to Re-install correcttly.

3,250 miles. Slight dusting, few cherry stems. odd things stuck inside. They were still White, to slight greyish looking. really not bad.

blasted them both with compressed air. tapped, then re-hit with air... DONE.

stuffed back inside. Easy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts