Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the cheapest way to mount a hi-lift jack. I just shelled out 90 bucks for a hi-lift Xtreme jack and I dont want to shell out another 50-60 bucks for a mount.

Remember that i have a load warrior.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
just go to Lowe's or HD and pick up some hardware and piece of steel bar and make one yourself.
you could probably make one just like the yakima version for about 10 bucks... damn, that yakima stuff is so overpriced!

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Ummm Ya have to get a SHROCKWORKS REAR BUMPER like this and mount it there. I went the cheap route, and ended up like this anyways. So, how much $ did I save? This is easy to get at, get off and re mount, and it locks! (My special locking bolt I can do a How to on.) This is a 60" Hi Lift, because I am longer! I have a 48" also I use everyday. MC

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I have quite a few of those quick fists. I was going to try them originally but after I ripped the first one trying to put the Hi-Lift on the roof I decided against it and went the Yakima X-Tower and 3/8" bolt idea. Worked like a champ. I now have the jack on my Shrock rear bumper.

·
on line
6 Posts

·
on line
1,884 Posts
And I always thought quickfists were something I got when I smart ass in a bar.... :geek:

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: --Well mines nestled under the passenger side REAR seat,

with the body of the jack centered over the (removed) issued jack.

The "foot" is removed and placed adjacent to it with the

secure "key' "WIRED" in place. There is no seat op's inter

ference and no bulges--Convienent/quick and not physically

demanding, even my wife can remove it, install it and put it

in operation (Shrock Sliders)-- :cheers: --JIMBO

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Son of a gun. If i knew it could be done i would have tried it. but its too late i already ordered the damn $70 mount for load warrior. Oh, well at least people will see how cool i am because i can show off a jack :geek:

·
on line
86 Posts
I fit it under my rear seats without taking anything apart or removing the old jack. I folded both seats up, layed the jack down as close to the hinges as i could, the wide "footer" part is right on the edge of the pass. side seat, and the very top is sticking out a few inches on the drivers side seat, but not in the way of anything. the seats fold back fine, but you have to pull the top part of the pass. seat forward a bit to realease the bottom part b/c of the footer part of the jack putting so much tension on the bottom part of the seat. But it totally works and no need to get it rusty on top, no need for loss of MPG with unneeded wind drag on top. Either way you do it, just make sure you have it!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts