Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to do some cheap mods on my 2010 as I am in college and also have a 67 mustang I’m building so don’t have a lot of money I already ended upgrading the rear shocks and I’m a lot happier with them

·
Registered
284 Posts
Welcome! 2010 owner as well. What trim do you have? Manual or auto? Cheap and worth it mods/ upgrades are rear dif breather, replace the rear glass struts, add hood struts, delete the mud flaps, and one of my favorites was replacing the antenna with a Stubby Jr. No more antenna in my adventure pics!
CravenSpeed Stubby Jr Antenna Replacement for Nissan Xterra 2000-2015 | 2 Inches Amazon.com: CravenSpeed Stubby Jr Antenna Replacement for Nissan Xterra 2000-2015 | 2 Inches : Automotive

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
492 Posts
Welcome! 2010 owner as well. What trim do you have? Manual or auto? Cheap and worth it mods/ upgrades are rear dif breather, replace the rear glass struts, add hood struts, delete the mud flaps, and one of my favorites was replacing the antenna with a Stubby Jr. No more antenna in my adventure pics!
CravenSpeed Stubby Jr Antenna Replacement for Nissan Xterra 2000-2015 | 2 Inches Amazon.com: CravenSpeed Stubby Jr Antenna Replacement for Nissan Xterra 2000-2015 | 2 Inches : Automotive

How well does the stubby antenna work?

·
Registered
284 Posts
How well does the stubby antenna work?
Better than the factory one and I now get the digital artist/ song info! Honestly I usually listen to SiriusXM so haven't tested it a ton but when I have flipped it over it has been awesome

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I've debated a stubby antenna... but I like my parking garage height feeler lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Do you have a link to the rear diff breather

·
Registered
284 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Google Fu and you'll find the many threads on this forum discussing it as well

·
Registered
871 Posts
Here's a good older thread with a compilation of mods by price.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Here's a helpful thread about finding the right...threads... for the breather

·
Registered
6 inch suspension lift with 33" tires and ShockWorks front bumper, sliders, and skid plates.s.
384 Posts
The first thing I did was put fresh air in all of my tires. No need to go to a tire shop. You can easily do it yourself if you have a pocket full of quarters. 🙃
Be careful. Doing mods can easily become an addition!

·
Registered
2006 Xterra SE
1,069 Posts
Better than the factory one and I now get the digital artist/ song info! Honestly I usually listen to SiriusXM so haven't tested it a ton but when I have flipped it over it has been awesome

The reception in the stubby I have is pretty poor. In town it's ok, but as soon as I'm more remote, it drops off quick. Definitely notice it vs the oem. Just my experience.

·
Registered
6 inch suspension lift with 33" tires and ShockWorks front bumper, sliders, and skid plates.s.
384 Posts
The reception in the stubby I have is pretty poor. In town it's ok, but as soon as I'm more remote, it drops off quick. Definitely notice it vs the oem. Just my experience.
I bought the AntennaX Off-Road 13 inch antenna. It is obviously a lot bigger than the Stubby but I am satisfied with it.

The below photo is from Amazon.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

1 - 20 of 21 Posts