Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
on line
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else scratch their dash really easy??? The only part that scratches easy are the sections next to the 4X4 switch, and where you shift. The panel pieces that can be removed (red X's) don't seem to scratch at all. Anyone know if there is a way to clean these up?

·
on line
429 Posts
I keep mine coated with a protective layer of dust.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Yeah Darrin that is an impressive coating of dust you got on your dash. I have not cleaned the inside of the X since I got it and I am no where close to you. :)

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Hell it is not my dash that is all scratched up it is my paint!!!

:cheers:

·
on line
1,667 Posts
every fr1cken time i get out of the truck my key scratches the door panel. i open the door with the same hand i hold the keys with. and no, i do have two hands!

how are everyone seats holding up? mine are starting to wear a little.

·
on line
386 Posts
matrix12480 said:
how are everyone seats holding up? mine are starting to wear a little.
After 9 months and 8m miles my seats look brand new. I do have the OR seats.

·
on line
496 Posts
I'm starting to get some fraying around the seam on the drivers seat. I'd get upset about it and call it a cheap piece of :pottytrain5: but it happened to my Bimmer to so.....I can't say it. :toothy5:

·
on line
1,884 Posts
Hey Karpe

just quit taking a big red magic marker to your dash and it'll look fine :geek:

·
on line
335 Posts
about the seats...this past weekend at shoe creek, i went back to turn my engine off and put the X in gear...slid my butt around to get out (it was up on alittle hill) and something in the seat caught my jeans and ripped a huge hole in it! i still don't know what it was. someone had posted that they had a wire coming out of their seat, so i thought that is what it mighta been, but i searched (pressed, poked) and didn't find it....i'm still stumped. and -1 pair of jeans

·
on line
82 Posts
defibvt said:
I love my Autozone cheap seat covers. Haven't seen the seats since the first week.
Me too :cheers:

·
on line
1,667 Posts
maybe ill pick up a pair from autozone. $150+ for seat covers is a little steep.

thanks

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Seats are holding up fine!

Like I said before my paint is not.

·
on line
1,884 Posts
kokopop said:
Seats are holding up fine!

Like I said before my paint is not.
But Keith. Isn't pin striping a sign of a true off-roader!!! :cheers:

·
on line
3,484 Posts
I guess no one believes me about the Ice, OK. I just coated the outside of the wife's car with it.
Anyways. I want the background his dash has (The mountains through the windshield) That's the shit!
Cheap seat covers is the way to go. I found some nice black and grey beach towels and put holes in the top and the headrest threads through and they just lay there pretty good. I was the drivers side about every two weeks. No one makes a really good seat cover for us yet. MC

·
on line
161 Posts
MC I BELIEVE IN THE ICE AS WELL! I am with MC all the way here folks, the ice is the greatest invention ever. I have the spray bottle for little things i want to make shine, then the big time application witht the little sponge that comes with it. Man does it shine and i put it on everything from head lights to plastic molding to our trunks to anything synthentic that i want to have a good shine and protective finish on. I got it at autozone for the special buy 1 get 1 1/2 off. Good deal. Just do the ICE

Peace :cat:

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Geee! About time I got some backup on that! LOL :) I'm all about getting it down the street if I can! You know me with the vendor luck! Still waiting on my CF Dash kit. Who knows when I'll get it.

I find I use the real stuff a lot more, but the spray bottle works super for touch ups especially on the interior.

MC

1 - 20 of 43 Posts