Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
15,651 Posts
The only problem with equal is that it's too fine. It actually clogs the valve stem, making it annoying to air down. You actually have to shoot some air into the tire to clear out the valves before you air down.

·
on line
1,792 Posts
Muzikman said:
It actually clogs the valve stem, making it annoying to air down. You actually have to shoot some air into the tire to clear out the valves before you air down.
Thanks for the heads-up. That would drive me nuts. Who wants airing down to take longer than absolutely necessary.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I know a few guys who run Equal in their swampers (since they are near impossible to balance) and the one guy has it down to a science. He has his CO2 tank mounted in the back so it can just used without removing it. He has a coil hose long enough so that he can air up all his tired by pulling it through open doors/windows. So for him, it's no problem. just turn on the Co2 tank and before screwing on his Staun deflators he give the tire a hit of air.

The other folks complain about it each and every time they go to air down.

Now, from what I am told you get ger special valves that have a screen to prevent this. I don't know anyone running them though.

I also wonder what it would do to our pressure sensors (though I assume you are not running them any more).

·
on line
1,792 Posts
Muzikman said:
I also wonder what it would do to our pressure sensors (though I assume you are not running them any more).
You're right, it's just too much trouble with the new wheels and the frequency with which I air down.

Thanks for elaborating on Equal. I'm about to buy a Power Tank, so it seems like that might solve the problem. And the screen option sounds workable too. I like the idea of continuous, ongoing, balancing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts