Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
on line
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I inquired about a clutch for our application and this is the response that I got:

Hello Jerry,
Thanks for the e-mail.
Centerforce does not have anything for your Xterra 4.0L yet. We're looking after the first of the new year for that application.
Regards,

LARRY CLARK
Senior Account Representative
Sales - Customer Service - Catalogs
CENTERFORCE PERFORMANCE CLUTCHES
Division of Midway Industries
Bus. 928/771-8422 ext. 30
Fax. 928/771-8322
[email protected]
After I submitted the request form it said that the more requests they get for a certain application the faster they will push it through. Here is the link to the request form. I figure if we bombard them it may help.

·
on line
735 Posts
I really like CF products. I put a few in z-28's with 5 speeds for people who liked to get rough with their shifting or raced a lot. A lot of jeep guys don't like them because they want a small amount low speed slippage since they aren't getting down at full power. For this Nissan, I feel like a CF would be good though.

My opinion is that it is a numbers game. The clutch business will really pick up when a model line is 5 or 6 years old. They don't really gain alot by designing and testing 4 liter nissan clutches right now and will want same year sales to offset that cost. Seems to me that Nissan sales numbers were alright the last couple of years..somebody will get something sooner or later. BTW, are our clutches running on a dual mass flywheel or anything exotic?

I'm going to make mine last for a few years until something comes out. I do believe that the oem clutch spring rate is soft and prone to early wear, but at the same time, some people will always kill their clutch way earlier than others no matter what car you are talking about. good luck, but it sounds like you'll need to pay nissan this time around.

·
on line
166 Posts
I used to do a lot of work with product development, and here is the BEST bet. Find a company whom supports this vehicle/genre and make sure they are a centerforce dealer. If they are, convince them to order a set amount from Centerforce, making sure they understand that the Xterra/Frontier guys will be coming to them for the product. Companies in the money making business will bite...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts