Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the specs on the center pin for the leaf springs? I need to get a longer one as I am installing shims with my shackles. I could wait to measure them after I take them out, but then I won't have any way to drive to the auto parts store. If anyone has the proper specs that would be great. I searched but couldn't find the numbers. Thanks

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have to have them by Sunday, just need the specs so I can go pick some up.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Replacement center pin bolts for leaf springs

4.5" x 3/8"

From the Nisstec site

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm having trouble finding grade 8 with threads all the way. In the pics on Nisstec and PRG, they look like socket cap screws. I'm assuming they have to be grade 8 due to the forces involved, I can find socket cap screws in 4.5-6 inch lengths, threaded all the way, but only hex head bolts threaded about an inch or two in grade 8. Is a hex head going to be too big to fit? Thanks

·
on line
22,508 Posts
They are not grade 8. They are grade 5 and you will not be able to use a hex head. It won't fit in the locating hole on perch or shim. The forces are taken care of by the u bolts. The center pin is really just there to keep the pack held together when the ubolts are off, and to locate the axle in the proper position. Do not try to compress the leafs with that center bolt either. The threads will strip right out. Use c-clamps to squeeze the pack together then tighten the center pin.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome, I'll take the grade 8's back and get the grade 5 socket cap screws. I'm going to get the 6 inch just in case, so I don't get stuck trying to get a ride. Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts