Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's probably a stupid question but here goes anyway- I have a 2006 X- Automatic transmission- are there supposed to be lights on the center console shifter showing what gear you are in? I know they are displayed on the dashboard-but it looks like there should be lights on center console as well- at least I can see different colors assigned to the gears in the daytime- I have looked thru the owners manual but have found nothing regarding this- mabe little LED's or what?

·
on line
1,113 Posts
yeah there is a light in there, since your an 06 its probably burned out. Nice time to start upgrading to LEDs

·
Registered
430 Posts
It's probably a stupid question but here goes anyway- I have a 2006 X- Automatic transmission- are there supposed to be lights on the center console shifter showing what gear you are in? I know they are displayed on the dashboard-but it looks like there should be lights on center console as well- at least I can see different colors assigned to the gears in the daytime- I have looked thru the owners manual but have found nothing regarding this- mabe little LED's or what?
Ha, this is funny. I was just about to start a new thread asking the same question. It's just now starting to get dark again at night up here, and I don't remember what is supposed to be lighted. In addition to the shifter, I'm also wondering about the other buttons on the center console - vdc, 4X4 shifter, ventilation buttons, etc.

My guess is that since we are both asking the same question, the answer is no, they don't light up. You just read every thing on the status display in the dash.

Anyone else can confirm?

·
on line
1,113 Posts
do you guys have the lights on the dim settings mines always on low and its hard to see if somethings lit

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope- Dash lights are lit up -easy to read- didn't know there was a dim setting- only center console lights are dark- also wondering if it's worth the trouble to get access to the burned out bulb in the center console-

·
Registered
430 Posts
do you guys have the lights on the dim settings mines always on low and its hard to see if somethings lit
Well, this changes everything. What exactly SHOULD I be seeing lit up? In addition to the shifter, hazard flasher button? 4x4 knob? All I see on my center console is the lcd for the radio, and a few rectangular LED's that light up when the button is actually pressed. Everything else is dark. No labels on anything. The rheostat is on full bright. :scratch:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, all 3 of the illumination LEDs on my heater control have burnt out over the last 8 years. They are part of the circuit board so I can't replace them without buying a whole nother heater control module. Lame.
Posted via Mobile Device
Jeez- my heater controls don't light up either- I guess I should be thankful my dash lights and cigarette lighter works--HAHA!

·
on line
1,082 Posts
My center lights just stopped working about a week ago. All of them, so it isn't a bulb burnt out. I didn't pop any fuses, and when I meter the illumination wires for the radio harness (the factory side), It has no power going to it. Do I have a bad IPDM? Anyone have any other ideas as to what is going on?

·
on line
1,082 Posts
The brake lights work, and when I lock the truck with the fob, the upper lights flash, but when my parking lights/headlights are on the rear parking lights do no illuminate.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
Yeah, all 3 of the illumination LEDs on my heater control have burnt out over the last 8 years. They are part of the circuit board so I can't replace them without buying a whole nother heater control module. Lame.
Posted via Mobile Device
you wuss. they are actually little bulbs on the board. You can take them out and put leds in their place.

for some reason, I don't have a pic of the hvac after the swap. let me do some digging. It's really not that hard to do.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts