1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was randomly looking at Xterras on ebay and saw one with a cubby hole
where normally there is the 4x selector and 4 switches. Anyone have more
info on this and where to possibly get a dash like this? Is this maybe a
part from a Frontier or Pathfinder? Now that I think about it, this is the first
car for me without one of those pockets. They come in handy for stuffing
with useless crap. Now I end up just throwing everything onto the tray
below. :geek:

CUBBY

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Why the heck would you want that???? Doesnt the X have enough storage for ya.... two glove boxes, center console, roof bin, rear cargo bin.... etc, etc, etc,

·
on line
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would much rather have that pocket than a bunch of blank panels...
I know not really viable for a 4WD but a nice feasible option for 2WD people
after relocation of the VDC button to the panel on the left of steering wheel.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I know the 2wd 2005 X has a pocket there and not blanks. My guess when VDC became standard they did away with it.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I think he does. He has 4wd, but since he has an early 05 model, he doesn't have VDC, or any of the buttons the OR model has. Mine only has one blank.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
I kind of like that, it gives the 4wd non off road owners another option if you move the VDC button.

·
on line
82 Posts
So am I the only one thinking that would be a great location for a CD player and then you could put the monitor for a car PC in the stock location?

·
on line
844 Posts
hell, I want one mostly because people always have something to say about how my x is optionless because of all the empty switches there, and since I moved the VDC button to the left the thing serves no purpose. just clutters the dash.

·
TNX Administrator
20,252 Posts

·
on line
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dragonplayboy said:
hell, I want one mostly because people always have something to say about how my x is optionless because of all the empty switches there, and since I moved the VDC button to the left the thing serves no purpose. just clutters the dash.
That's the main reason I am interested in this. 5 slots and only one is
being used by VDC. Plus the 2nd one for aux input. Still leaves 3 blank
spots.

The frontier ones come close but would like one to fill the entire space.

·
on line
384 Posts
Old Navy said:
Yep! Do the VDC Relocate Mod http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2234 like dragonplayboy did, then you have room to maybe install your Scan Gauge, CB or something else.
That is exactly what I was thinking. I had figured on mounting my ScanGuage to the "roof" of that part of the dash and then running the cable back through one of the empty slots. This might make it look a lot cleaner if you can get the ScanGuage to sit nicely in that cubby hole.

·
on line
384 Posts
Well, I don't think a ScanGuage will fit in the cubby hole cleanly. At least not the one that Kal-El found at Courtesy Parts. I am guessing that the hole will be have the same dimensions as what the four blanks have. That would keep it centered in that space and looking aesthetically correct. That means the dimensions of the 'pocket' would be 4" wide by 1-3/8" high. By contrast, a ScanGuage II is 4-3/4" wide by 1-1/2" high.

Oh well, it would still make a handy place to stuff more crap if the available storage in the Xterra is not enough for you! I am quite sure I would put it to use for something.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts