Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
on line
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all...i am new to the forum...just got an 07 Xterra S this past weekend...i am adding a few accessories and was wondering about the CD6 changer/ipod interface...my X came with the general CD/radio deck...i was thinking of updating to the CD6 changer so i could get the ipod interface, but...first - i cant find anywhere to purchase the CD6 changer online (help?)...and 2nd - is the ipod interface worth the extra $200 or so bucks...does it work well, etc?

i also realize that getting an aftermarker CD player would be cheaper and probably better...but i want to go with the factory look...all other vehicles i have owned had aftermarket stuff, so i want to keep this factory...thanks in advance!

·
on line
2,077 Posts
i'm not sure about that changer you want, but did you consider installing an FM modulator and hooking a CD changer and ipod up to that? you would have a second small headunit you can mount somewhere and it would probably look like a small satellite radio receiver, no big changes to the wirinng or anything, plugs right into the antenna port on the stock headunit.

just a thought.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
for $200 buy and aftermarket unit like Alpine or Pioneer and an Ipod cable. Then you have a better stereo and a direct ipod control.

My Pioneer has a two line text display so you can see the artist and song.

just a thought

·
on line
264 Posts
i have it and the connections is very clear you need the ipod volume at about half to 3/4 and use the car to control volume. the plug goes above the 12v plug so you might have to lose one if u have 2 there. the 6 disc is nice because it accepts MP3 cds which allow you to save songs as data files and put about 150 songs on each cd which is way better than the adverage 15

·
on line
400 Posts
if you dont want to spend that much $ just get the FM transmitter..

I got this one
http://www.amazon.com/iRiver-AFT-100-Mobile-Transmitter/dp/B00067LYFW
just plugged it into the outlet in the handrest and your good.. though at times if you pick up the ipod and move it close to the radio it will have a slight hissss but if you leave it alone its pretty good.. ill take some pictures

·
on line
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not a bad idea...i just heard the FM transmitters were junk...i guess it depends on who you talk to?????...

anyone have any idea of how much the factory 6CD changer is?

·
on line
400 Posts
312InchMagnum said:
not a bad idea...i just heard the FM transmitters were junk...i guess it depends on who you talk to?????...

anyone have any idea of how much the factory 6CD changer is?
not sure but many instead of buying the factory 6cd changer they upgrade to something better and cheaper..
(i am uploading pix)

·
on line
400 Posts
heres the fm transmitter set up.. works fine for me
just do a lil research on them, some are total bs some give you perfect sound
also at times its you get what you paid for but not always...

·
on line
1,361 Posts
i think fm transmitters also depend on where you live.

the itrip i used to use works pretty well, sometimes though in cities you had to find a new station, but in the country it worked liked a champ.

·
on line
400 Posts
lostboy said:

the itrip i used to use works pretty well, sometimes though in cities you had to find a new station, but in the country it worked liked a champ.
well whats better spending 200+ or switching to another station?

though the great thing about the 6cd changer is that the ipod could be controlled with it

·
on line
1,361 Posts
NyCXterra said:
lostboy said:

well whats better spending 200+ or switching to another station?

though the great thing about the 6cd changer is that the ipod could be controlled with it
for me it was spending $200 and getting a new headunit with more functionality and an ipod cable. My deck also reads mp3 and AAC files so I have tons of music. However, I would not spend 200 for a factory headunit.

·
on line
1,618 Posts
This is what I have.

I keep it in the top ignition controlled outlet. It works alright around town, although I barely use it unless I'm on a longer drive. What I like is that it's visible for the driver or passenger, and doesn't bounce around or get scratched up. Plus my Ipod is always charged. Like I said, it works better out of town, I mean, there is barely a station or two that has clean static to use on that thing. In the woods or out on the highway, it seems fine though.

·
on line
95 Posts
alternative option...

I'm not sure if it'll work wiht your current HU, but the HU form my '06 model worked just fine with the PAC-AUDIO NIS2 model. All of the verbage on the net is confusing, but there's a thread here somewhere where another had installed it. I followed suit and I love it.

I fab'd a stalk where I mounted my Sirius and Nano and both are connected full time. I just push the ABC button to swith back and forth. IT IS SO NICE !!! And I had an FM modulator before (and travelled a lot!) and I coninually had to keep switching the FM stations - really started to get on my nerves and it never sounded as nice and the PAC-NIS2 unit.

Just my 2 cents.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts